SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, about yesterday....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beyonder
^.^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: So, about yesterday.... Reply with quote

As you may have noticed, the site was down for an extended period of time this week...

<geek babble>The company hosting my VPS node suffered a major SAN failure late Thursday night. It took them 39 hours to get everything back to normal, which in my book is not really acceptable at all(especially since, per their estimate, this affected 30% of their customers). They have also been having MULTIPLE issues with the Xen dom0, which usually takes a reboot of dom0(and thus all of the domUs) to correct. Since they are running quite a few domUs per dom0, this has been resulting in about an hour of downtime every two weeks.</geek babble>

Needless to say, I am not amused by the downtime as of late, so I am testing out a new host. If everything over there seems up to par, I will be moving the site in the next couple of weeks, which will mean some short downtime to hopefully prevent any more long downtime in the future.

Edit: now this is just getting ridiculous...
the SockMaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qq bad host
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
beyonder
^.^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old host had more SAN issues, so I went ahead and moved to the new one, which was stable during the testing period.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: