SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Game of Death - Passoff edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xaqwais
Squa

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in space with a sniper rifle that shoots lasers. The laser is strong enough to reach earth and kill you. The laser has an 100% accurate scope. Since light doesn't make sound, you don't notice it. You are standing outside at some point. I shoot you with the laser. If I miss, I continue until I kill you. The laser doesn't overheat. It doesn't run out. I don't run out of oxygen. I don't die. You eventually do.

My image died!
Seanie
kid with the will to funk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game was cool! It's no Smarmy Walt thread, but I'm no good at that game.

I think someone should finish for mushie.

Xaqwais wrote:
I am in space with a sniper rifle that shoots lasers. The laser is strong enough to reach earth and kill you. The laser has an 100% accurate scope. Since light doesn't make sound, you don't notice it. You are standing outside at some point. I shoot you with the laser. If I miss, I continue until I kill you. The laser doesn't overheat. It doesn't run out. I don't run out of oxygen. I don't die. You eventually do.

You are obliterated by a solar flare.

jpec07 wrote:
You and I are in outer space, both in space suits. Sound doesn't travel through empty space. I pull out a gun that works on nothing other than mechanical force (no explosions or pressure involved, just a lot of springs and a lot of force) and shoot it through the tube that supplies the suit with oxygen. You don't hear anything until after the hole has been made, and don't have enough time to fix it. You freeze or suffocate to death because of the breach that was directly perpetuated by me. The gun does not misfire in any way. I get back in my space shuttle and fly home.

I'll just go ahead and assume you are anchored to something, since floating endlessly in space doesn't seem very fun. a point?

davethesneak wrote:
I pay someone to fly a supersonic jet low over your head. It's not me doing the flying, and it's not killing you, so this isn't a deal-breaker. You go quite deaf from it though, possibly permanently. I then merely walk up to you, pull out a gun and shoot you. You can't hear any bit of it, and you die.
I don't.

a point should be given here too, i think.

everyone else doesn't matter. i guess its should win for being the most technically sound? i dunno.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on the far side of a safe class M planet 20 light years away, and I expect to live for no more than 80 more years. With current communication, propulsion, and time travel technology kill me before I die of old age. Also, you must outlive me to win.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
sbjournal5000
Back from outer space

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:
I am on the far side of a safe class M planet 20 light years away, and I expect to live for no more than 80 more years. With current communication, propulsion, and time travel technology kill me before I die of old age. Also, you must outlive me to win.

Having not established that you are with anyone, and having established that I know you are there and that I apparently want you dead, I am going to calculate the trajectory of the planet that you are on, use a multiple wavelength telescope to track and chart the things between the both of us, and then send a focused beam of light calculated to only spread out a few inched every few billion miles, that when spread to the distance I theorize it will be when arriving states: "When you die, you will die alone."

Should you have arrived without the ability to read or understand english, or have merely appeared as the only sentient life on this planet, I will instead send horrifying images of the worst kind as flashing images every day for 60 years. All of which are positioned on a machine designed for the purpose of slightly manipulating the focused beam of light along the trajectory I originally calculated.

Accompanied with the light in both cases are focused gamma ray bursts aimed along the same trajectory shot for the same amount of time.

The first two if understood will kill you in the slowly and be indirectly involved in a premature death of major depression, and or uncertain fear. The third will kill anything it happens to collide with on your planet. So the raining gamma rays may not kill you at first, but the sudden cancer epidemic may make eating difficult after awhile. And there's always bad luck.

Btw: This was a tough with the whole current technology thing.
Seanie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I open a traversible wormhole to your location and pull out a gun and shoot you.

What? It's not propulsion, communications, or time travel*.

*arguable, a wormhole would probably bring us closer to time travel, but i wouldn't call it time travel technology

feel free to pick apart my lack of information on the subject
Jpec07
A Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:

I pull out a gun and shoot you.

A magic cosmic gun that shoots its munition at the square of the speed of light. And I've got a SuperScope(TM) on it that lets me hit you exactly.
Sharp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using current time-travel technology, which will always be the same as future time travel technology, I travel forward 79 years into the future, where faster-than-light taxis are common, and galaxy-wide travel has become affordable, all due to some wondrous discovery. After trading in my 79-year old bills at the local bank for more recent cashmonies, I hail a cab and converge upon your location. I pull out a gun and shoot your old, frail body.
Seanie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder how those cabs work with modern day propulsion
DJ The Stick
Ahh!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

protip: nothing with mass can move faster than light

-DJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used modern-day time traveling to obtain the future propulsion. And in approx. 62 years, a new theory shakes the very foundation of physics, making faster-than-light speed travel possible.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, looks like all the answers I'm probably gonna get are in.
sbjournal5000 wrote:
tl;dq

I'm on the far side of the planet. Your goatse flashes and subliminal messages are not visible to me. As for the gamma rays, the planet's atmosphere would take care of it, just as any Class M's would. They wouldn't make it through the planet, and they wouldn't propagate around it. No point.

Jpec07 wrote:
I pull out a gun and shoot you.

A magic cosmic gun that shoots its munition at the square of the speed of light. And I've got a SuperScope(TM) on it that lets me hit you exactly.
Didn't read the part about current propulsion technology? Ohh wait, I see, you're trying to get around it by calling it "magic." No dice pal, faster than light weaponry is not in production at the moment, and that falls under the purview of propulsion technology.
Also there's a planet between me and you. Even without the propulsion constraint, would the bullet be able to penetrate that? I mean, yeah it's got a lot of momentum, but the planet's got a lot of mass on its side. And heat.
No point x2.

Sharp wrote:
Using current time-travel technology, which will always be the same as future time travel technology, I travel forward 79 years into the future, where faster-than-light taxis are common, and galaxy-wide travel has become affordable, all due to some wondrous discovery. After trading in my 79-year old bills at the local bank for more recent cashmonies, I hail a cab and converge upon your location. I pull out a gun and shoot your old, frail body.
Yyyyeah. That's not current tech... I guess you want to interpret the rules to mean current tech at the time of death, not current tech now?

Ok, well... no point for now, but tell you what. If within the next 79 years there IS a breakthrough and affordable faster than light taxis that cover 20 light years in less than a year, we'll amend the score and give you a point.

Seanie wrote:
open a traversible wormhole to your location and pull out a gun and shoot you.
I was gonna protest and say that wormholes probably count as future technology for propulsion, communications AND time travel... but what the hey, nobody else came as close as you did, so...
"Hey, what's that... oh my gosh it's a wormhole! And there's someone on the other side! Hey, hey you! Come through, you've gotta see this place, it's ... what's that in your ha-"(BANG)
Point.

Sooooo.... go Sean.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
sbjournal5000
Back from outer space

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat! I thought gamma rays did break atmosphere. Now I gotta re-read that chapter.

Oh shit. Okay, well they would break the atmosphere, however generated at such a close range, they would do very nasty things to the planet's entire planet much less the atmosphere.

And there's no way in hell to generate such power on earth currently. It's essentially a explosion with a force directed along a narrow beam headed into space with more energy than a hell of a lot of nuclear bombs. That's a death star beam. No I probably didn't hit you with that.

But as far as the images, wouldn't the planet rotate? How does one stay at the far side of a planet? Unless it has one of those rotates at the same time it revolves problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: