SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Escape the Room-Puzzle Eight!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y2K
-.-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Escape the Room-Puzzle Eight! Reply with quote

You are trapped in a large, seemingly endless hallway. As you awake, you realize that someone knocked you out, and took all of your belongings. Before you get the chance to run, all of the doors in the hall slam shut, one at a time. Soon, you are isolated in the first room.

"Welcome!" A loud booming voice said, echoing off the walls. "You are now the participant in the Beta test of my new upcoming game, "The Room".

<-========->

The point of this game is to solve each puzzle in each room, one by one, until you reach the end. Obviously, you never know when it ends, or where you are. Once again, you have no belongings with you. Correctly solving the puzzle will produce a key. Whoever can guess the correct answer (or a correct answer, in case there is more than one way) wins a point, and I post the new puzzle.

I'm also making all of these puzzles up myself, and don't worry, I'll try to make them all logically/physically possible, unless I specifiy certain parameters. Anyways, on to the puzzles!

<-========->

Puzzle 1-SOLVED

The room you are in contains a grandfather clock, no windows, and a simple looking door at the right. The walls, roof, and ceiling are made of hard, and solid stone. You go try to open the door, but for some reason, it won't budge at all. The grandfather clock is made of solid steel, and the only opening that can be seen is at the bottom, where a large shaft is present. Thinking that the key is inside the clock, you try to stick your arm up the hatch, but cant get it up far enough to find or feel anything. There is no covering around the face. The clock slowly ticks and tocks away as you try to figure your way out of the room. An occasional stretching sound is heard. Several hours later, a crack is heard coming from the clock. You turn, and see that the hands stopped at 12.

Find the key.

Puzzle 2-SOLVED

You enter the next room. Immediately, you see a large table, with a contraption on it. The loud booming voice tells you that you will receive the key when you solve the puzzle. As you come closer to the contraption, you see three pumps. Experimenting with each, you notice that each pump, when moved, moves another pump with it. The goal is to get all of the pumps to the top. Every time a pump moves, it goes up one level. There are three levels. In a case where one pump is already at the top, and you press another pump that makes that one move too, it will move down two levels. Every pump starts at Level "0" (not raised at all). Solve the puzzle.

Pump 1 Effects Itself and Pump 3
Pump 2 Effects Itself and Pump 1
Pump 3 Effects Itself and Pump 2

Puzzle 3-SOLVED

You rush into the third room, already hating this so called "game". "Hopefully it'll be over soon" you think to yourself. On a nearby table, you see a hammer, a chisel, and a stone tablet:

"Using the hammer and the chisel, make the correct picture to proceed." the voice clicks out.

Puzzle 4-SOLVED

After you enter the room, a large table lowers itself from the ceiling, down to the floor. Taking a closer look, you see a large number of colored rubber balls on it, and a large black pit near the top. You also see another rubber ball set aside from the rest, labeled "USE THIS".

*Click*
As you examine the lone ball some more, you hear a click. Suddenly, the entire table glows a bright green. Putting your right hand over it, you feel an odd rush of energy, and everything feels lighter. Taking your hand away, the feeling dissappears.

The goal is to ricochet your starting ball into the black pit. To do this, the other balls are in a fixed position, and act as bumpers. This will have an artificial gravity and force. You can start from any edge/corner of the table. The ball will start off moving 500 cm/minute, and lose 50 cm/minute every time it bounces off another ball or a wall. If the ball is moving too fast by the time it reaches the pit (faster than 250 cm/minute), it will bounce over the edge, and not go in. Basically, it has to come into contact with at least 5 things.

Puzzle 5-SOLVED

Entering the next room, you feel a bit more relaxed than before. At the end of the room, next to the door, is an office chair, and a computer on a counter. Peering closely at it, you find an odd picture on the screen:

Hearing the already familiar click of the man's voice piercing through the intercom, you stare up and await instructions.

"Find the key." *Click*

That's it?!

Puzzle 6-SOLVED

After finally finding the picture of the key, the door magically vanishes, and beyond it is nothing but darkness. Carefully moving towards it, you enter the next room. To your right, in the corner, is a small stool with a lantern on it. Besides that, you can see nothing in the room except the glowing from light. Picking it up, you proceed across to the room, where the door should be. However, all you find is a wall with a lot of writing on it:

The Wall wrote:

Black
Dark
Sing
Mean
Scary
Old
School
Stick
Marc
Line
Gleam
Lent
Pawn
Told
Shark
Wine
Jack
Me
Bot
Mellow
Gate
Bash
Tight
Light
Wool
Shack
Tent
Yellow
Sling
Ping
Snack
Shake
Loom
Cash
Pick
Lean
Mary
Jail
Mine
Pot
Yawn
Cake
Jerry
Mail
Tag
Ski
Mate
Quack
Fawn
Mold
Pie (apple pie is the best)
Team
Find
Secret
Key
Bark
Dine
Jello
Bag
Sight
Zoom
Thunder
Blue

Below it, you also see some markings:

Below that wrote:

|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ _ _|

59|20|46|21|29|13|52|
44|08|05|
36|21|47|42

Uh..find the door?!?!

This took me half an hour of straight writing/working out, do not whine

Yes, you get two points for this one.

Yes, I made and thought of this by myself.

Puzzle 7-SOLVED

Upon entering the next room, you notice that it is painted blue, unlike the other rooms. In the center lies a large metal box, with a large, visible lock that is attached to the many steel chainlinks wrapping around the mystery box. Expecting to hear instructions on how to get out of this room and to the next, you instead hear nothing. Now what?

Puzzle 8-SOLVED

You come bursting into the next room, only to trip and fall on your face. In front of you, there are 7 wooden crates, all the same size. Each of the boxes also is a different color. You attempt to lift one up, and find that is too heavy for you to handle. However, it seems that the floor in the particular room is quite slippery, which is explains why you fell so easily. Because of this, moving the boxes around shouldn't be a problem.

"Your next task is to arrange these boxes in an order that I have chosen. Doing so will lead you to the key. That is all." *Click*

On the wall ahead of you is incribed:

R _ _ G _ I _

Puzzle 9

The green crate suddenly makes a loud creaking sound, and falls apart. Looking inside, you find the key for the next door.

The next room, you instantly notice, is well lit, but from no apparent light source. The entire room is completely white. In the middle are several buckets of paint, as well as several large paint brushes.

"Before we move on, I'd like you to repaint this room. I'm expecting some guests soon, and would like, well, a more welcoming appearance. I'm sure you know what to do. Bon Chance." *Click*

<-========->

Scoretable

Sploich<|>4 Points
Sharp<|>3 Points
Christo<|>1 Point
Mushroom Pie<|>2 Points
Sean <|> 1 Point

Last edited by Y2K on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:34 am; edited 13 times in total
RockmanWilliam
Its_The_Sneak!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick your hand up the shaft again and see if anything has changed. If it hasn't, reach into the un-guarded face of the clock, pop off the hands, and use the longer hand to extend your reach into the shaft and nock out the key.
Y2K
-.-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull as hard as you can, the hands seem to be stuck.
Sharp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move the hands to different positions, trying the shaft each change.
Y2K
-.-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You move the hands to each possible combination. At first, you are unable to move the hands forward, so you move back from there. No matter what the time was, the shaft remained empty, and the clock continued to run. The loud cracking sound could be heard as the hands stopped at 12 o clock again.

EDIT: This was close, though.
Sharp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I move it back and forth, so that the cracking sound is heard, in case it's cracking the shaft, up which is the key.
Y2K
-.-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You move it back and forth, hearing the crack each time it stops at 12. After a few tries, you hear a loud snap, and the clock stops moving. Even after rewinding it again, it refuses to move.

REDO
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I break the hands off the clock and snap the minute hand in half. I move over to the door, put the two halves together to make a (w)hole, and escape through it.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Y2K
-.-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2K wrote:
Pull as hard as you can, the hands seem to be stuck.

I know I didn't say it, but assume the hands are unbreakable, even if you could get them off.

The solution is much easier than you think it is.
Christo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:
I break the hands off the clock and snap the minute hand in half. I move over to the door, put the two halves together to make a (w)hole, and escape through it.

I don't think it's that kind of a question. :P

I drag the clock over to about a foot or two in front of the door. Seeing as it's "simple looking", I assume the door is wooden. One good shove knocks the clock over and smashes it through the door, leaving a hole for me to walk through.

(Yeah okay, I know I cheated.)

You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
RockmanWilliam
Its_The_Sneak!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the clock kindly for the key.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice something shiny on top of the clock.
It's the key!
There it is!
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
RockmanWilliam
Its_The_Sneak!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:
I notice something shiny on top of the clock.
It's the key!
There it is!

You have to ask the clock to have it first. Cheater.
Y2K
-.-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christo wrote:
Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:

I don't think it's that kind of a question. Razz

I drag the clock over to about a foot or two in front of the door. Seeing as it's "simple looking", I assume the door is wooden. One good shove knocks the clock over and smashes it through the door, leaving a hole for me to walk through.

(Yeah okay, I know I cheated.)

Find the key Confused

Anyways, I said Sharp's answer was really close. Just think about that.
RockmanWilliam
Its_The_Sneak!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I point both hands in the direction of the locked door.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: