SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMVI: The OMness Shall Continue, Yo.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooooomsar
Class-hole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE'S AN INTERNETS CELEBRITY
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then what on Earth would he be doing here? Let's just start without him, he's had a few weeks.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Tsuta
the SockMaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. I've bout given up on that. I guess we'll start in a bit then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mushroom Pie
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo.... starting tonight?

Eh?

Eh?

Eh?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Ashford ain't joining. No time, I guess.
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! If Ashford still wants to join I don't know if he's going to make it!
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh?
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just poppin' by for my daily "eh."
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, Ivy says that she will probably have the first story post up by tomorrow night. Luke, that gives you time enough for one more "eh?" so make it count.
the SockMaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laelie patted the nose of the small deer standing before her, smiling as she admired its lovely coat. The sun overhead made the fresh dew on the greenery surrounding her glisten, giving the scene an even stronger sense of unreal perfection. Her hand rested on the snout of the unmoving deer as Laelie glanced about, taking in the beauty of her home, her forest. When she looked back down to the deer's lifeless eyes, a nudge at her foot announced the arrival of her pale-skinned elven friend.

"Liadre, you are here." She turned to meet Liadre's glowing, bright emerald eyes, wrapping her in a hug, smiling.

"Yeah, seems I am," Liadre replied, speaking in a slight drawl and returning the hug. She was only a bit taller than Laelie, with dark purple hair pulled back into a neat ponytail and dressed in what would seem to be blood-stained, tough leather armor. "How's Spot doin'?" she asked, gesturing to the bunny who had been at Laelie's foot, but was now hopping towards the huge black wolf that had appeared alongside Liadre.

"He is well. And Twinkie and Cereal are doing fine, hm?" The wolf's ears piqued as his name, Twinkie, was said. His attention was turned to the bunny, however, when the received a nip to his paw. He blinked at the tiny creature, and with a sniff of its familiar scent, Twinkie gave Spot a nod.

"Good as usual, o'course." Liadre broke the hug, pushing rebellious bangs behind her long, pointed ears. "Though Cereal ain't gonna be 'round tonight. Guess he 'ad better things to do'r somethin'. So, when're the guys showin' up? I wanna get a look at 'em."

Laelie smiled, watching Twinkie and Spot. "They should be arriving in only a few moments." She looked back to Liadre, drawing a small envelope from a hidden pocket in her plain grey leather skirt. "Look this over for me. It is what I have left each of them to find when they awaken." Laelie offered it to the elf, still gazing at her emerald eyes.

"Oh, sure. Left fer 'em, eh?" She took the unsealed envelope, opened it, and pulled out the grey card it held. "Yer not gonna just hand 'em to the guys? Are we not gonna be meetin' 'em?" The disappointment in her voice was unhidden. Liadre began to chew at her lip as she read the words written in green upon the card.

Welcome, warriors, to the forest in which you will be taking up residence for some time, beginning this very morning. You have entered a game, the host of which you shall meet later. For now, however, you may wish to focus your attention on the others playing this game, your opponents, as their objective is to kill you.

To make this a bit simpler:

-kill your "opponents"
-there are no rules on how you might do this
-there is no "quitting" this game, only losing ( AKA: death )
-if it is decided, by the host, that you and your opponents are in need of motivation to "play," it will come in the form of one player being killed by the host.
-there are rounds: when a player loses, all remaining players will be brought to the next playing field, beginning the new round separate from one another to allow time for rest - be wary, however, as you will not know just how close you might be to an opponent; do not be caught unawares.

Good luck, warriors!

-Your hostess,
Laelie

Laelie waited until Liadre finished reading to respond. "We will be watching them, don't worry, Lia. You will meet them in person with me later." She smiled again as Liadre pouted. "Patience is a virtue and all that, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You did a great job, by the way, Lael. With the spell'n whatnot. Looks exactly like yer forest back home. 'Cept it's so quiet, with the animals bein' fake'n all."

"Thank you. I am pleased with how it turned out, myself." Laelie glanced back to the cold deer behind her. "I've left the stream running and the fruits and berries growing so that they will still be able to eat. Everything is in full bloom in this replica, even what might not normally be just yet." Fondness filled her words, her gaze wandering lovingly among the trees and all the small secrets they hid within their branches.

"Aye," said Liadre. "Well, how're we gonna watch 'em, then?"

"Through the eyes of the animals. 'Tis magic, you'll see. Come, let's go - take my hand." She did so, and they vanished, along with the rabbit and the wolf.

-Don't control Laelie or Lia, they'll be showing up again later on.
-The forest is very large, and is surrounded by infinite white space, as that is what Laelie created for the game's current round.
-Have fun with it!

So that you have an idea of where to begin, here is a map of where yer characters will wake up:

Last edited by Tsuta on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, reserved then?

I have 24 hours, right?

Razz

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Wiznerd
Stupid Pagan Liberal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how fast the turn about for this game is, but I will not be back untill Sunday...

Cheerio.

JON

Sharp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man, that's so cheap. You didn't use any characters in your post. That's like, the whole point of the first post!

Ah well. No use crying over spilled milk.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dash sat up and groaned. Trees greeted his slowly widening eyes. The smell of fresh soil invaded his nostrils. This was not the environment he expected at all.

"Big B," he spoke into the small, thin, skintone cylinder resting below his right eyebrow. "Big B, come in. What happened? Big B? Tomcat? Anyone? Lotta!"

LO77A online, responded the device.

"What happened?"

The energy wave impacted the ship, but I registered no changes in velocity. It seems to have struck you personally. When it made contact with you, I could no longer detect the ship.

"Where... where am I?"

Environmental scans suggest a large forest not unlike those found on Atrios. No magnetic field is present, so I shall call your present direction south. There is a stream flowing through it from northeast to south and a very, very big tree in the northwest corner. Surrounding the forest is a white plain. Secondary scans suggest the plain to be infinite. Scans would indicate that this place is virtual; there is no star, nor transition from atmosphere to space any conceivable amount of distance above us. No wreckage detected. The beam that engufed you must have been a teleport of some kind. Running self-diagnostic to confirm results to be accurate. All systems functioning within normal parameters. You can therefore continue to trust me.

"And my crew?"

Life scans do not detect your crew within any concievable distance. Six humanoids are detected, however. Would you like more specific information?

"Not right now, I'm going to avoid them for the moment."

Proximity alert engaged then. I will warn you if they come within fifty feet of you. As for other lifeforms, there are plenty of forest animals in the area, none with any heartbeat. They seem to be frozen in place.

"What?"

No signs of any trauma or poisoning. They're all suspended in mid-activity, as if the entire area is a snapshot. Conjecture: They're all virtual, and were never alive. This world may have been created in a hurry by duplicating a section of another.

"Huh, okay. Anything else?"

Additional environmental information: There is a card next to your foot.

Dash began to stoop to retrieve it, but the LO77A had already scanned it and ascertained its contents, which it read to him. Now that he knew his familiar circumstances, he resolved to gather more information about the surrounding area for himself. A brisk jog found him at the base of the very, very big tree. The beam had left his kinetic boosters fully charged, and he took advantage of this by bounding up the tree all the way to the top. From there, he could see over the entire forest and out onto the whiteness that stretched forever beyond. The tree cover was thick enough to block his view of the other humans however, except Seth.

The humanoid is unconscious. He cannot see you. His identification claims his name is Seth, but I do not recognize the authority, so I cannot make any assessment about its trustworthiness. Further scans indicate something peculiar about his genetic structure...

"No, that's okay for now. I'll find out about him later."

At that, he leaped from the tree. Landing softly with a kinetic-boost cushion, he jogged to the northeastern source of the stream to investigate that. Dash stepped out on the white space and was intrigued to hear the dull thud of his footfalls.

The surface is smooth, and at ambient temperature. It is white. Further scans indicate... that it is white. That is all. I cannot ascertain depth, it may be infinite.

When Dash reached the northern end of the stream, his jaw dropped. Water was flowing directly out of the white material and downstream. The LO77A could not detect any particles of white material in the water, just sand and silt. Dash followed the western bank of the stream down to the other end. Water flowed from the southern end of the stream directly back into the white material. Dash splashed some water out onto the white, but it merely sat in small pools on the surface. The white wall the water was entering felt solid enough to Dash. The LO77A couldn't tell him any more about it than his eyes could. Eventually, he decided to leave his curiosity for another day.

"Okay Lotta," he said. "Tell me about the people."

Deep scanning.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"

Last edited by Its_The_Sneak!!! on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: