SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMVI: The OMness Shall Continue, Yo.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tsuta
the SockMaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: OMVI: The OMness Shall Continue, Yo. Reply with quote

Heck yes, a new OM. Don't worry, Fru's is staying up. If she wants to continue, she may. It's a fun one, I wouldn't close it before it was done, unless fer some reason she chooses to end it.

The following is copied from Fru's OMV, which was copied from OM 3.5.

"There are two practices extremely frowned upon in this game: god-moding and player-controlling. These are considered very unsporting, and will count against you when the GM is considering who to kill off.

"God-moding is when you treat your character as though he were invincible. Theoretically, a character can have infinite power, but if he constantly taps into it to beat the ever-loving snot out of all of the other characters. Even though the story is about characters fighting, the actual battle is one of writing skill, and it's both boring and poor writing to have a character that has no faults. Heck, your character could lose every fight he takes part in, but if you're the best writer, you'll still win.

"Player-controlling is when you write extensively about the thoughts and actions of a character other than your own, especially when your portrayal of the character is inaccurate. This rule becomes laxer as the game goes on and you learn more about the subtleties of the characters of others; after all, how are you supposed to write well if you can only talk about one character? Still, try to avoid this near the beginning. The GM will probably be leniant on you for this one unless the player who owns that character complains.

"On another note, if you're not prepared to have your character altered by others to at least some degree, please do not sign up. It WILL happen. Only in the case of severe mischaracterization will the GM request a poster to change their post/penalize the poster."

I'm gonna take Fru's "form" as well.
Code:

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Color[/b]:
[b]Age/Birthday[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]About the character, personality[/b]: ( likes, dislikes, whatever )
[b]Weaponry[/b]:
[b]Description of Homeland:[/b] This could be as elaborate as you'd like. Most likely this will be a changing-scenery-every-round OM, and I'm thinking we'll be going to various characters' homelands. [/color]

Cause I loved playing Laelie so much, I'm going to make her the GM character. Weird choice fer a GM, but meh. We'll get over it :D I'll post her description and whatnot tomorrow.

Alrighty. Sign up by PMing me, please. I'd prefer PMs over a bio post in the thread 'cause it feels spammy. Feel free to discuss stuff in here, but I'm going to put the character profiles in this post anyway, so let's not spam that.

I'll post more information, such as any rules and where the first bit will be, once some people sign up.

( I would have added the rules and Laelie's profile now, but I have to go, and people wanted me to get this posted tonight. Fergive me, I'll add tomorrow ;P Note: I'm going to be using grey font. )

Profiles!

Tsuta
Name: Laelie
Race: Human
Color: #999999 ( grey! )
Appearance: Laelie is fairly short at 5 feet, white, and entirely not what you'd expect to be in a battle of the fittest. Though fit and healthy, she is not physically powerful, and looks like a normal sixteen-year-old girl. She has dark blonde hair to her shoulders, and dresses in a plain grey cloth dress, with grey leather shoes. Upon her waist is brown belt, whose only purpose is to support the sheath of her broad, two-handed sword, which looks almost too large fer the young girl who carries it. At her side at all times is a small white bunny, with grey spots. All in all, she looks very out of place, considering the others.

About her: Often underestimated by her looks, Laelie is very surprisingly adept at swordsmanship. Her father was once one of the top swordsmen in all of their country, and had planned to teach Laelie all he knew, as he had no sons and wished fer his talents to remain alive even after he passed. Unfortunately, he was killed when only in the middle of his training of Laelie, and therefore, she is not quite as skilled as he was, but because of the natural talent she inherited from him, she can make up fer most of what she was not taught. Her small size and agility allow her to dodge a good deal of what is thrown at her, but her occasional klutziness can sometimes become an issue. Just before her father died, he gave Laelie a bunny, which has since become her best friend, despite being an animal and unable to speak. She has always had a very close relationship with animals, which is explained in her weapons.

Dislikes: Meat ( vegetarian, though she does not mind other people eating meat ), bad manners, people who are rude.

Weapons: Laelie's main method of fighting would be with her sword, as she is extremely skilled with it. The sword she uses was her father's, which is why it appears far too big fer her to be able to handle. However, she has trained hard with her father's sword, and wields it well. She also has a few knives up her sleeve, which she only uses in emergencies.

Her rabbit, Spotsies, is endowed with the ability to heal himself and others, and can heal himself very quickly, without using any energy. Also, his healing can reduce the effects of temporary magic. It takes him only a small amount of time to heal humans, though it can cost him energy depending on how bad the injury is. Laelie is a very kind person, and as long as a hurt person is not intending to kill her at the time, she would gladly use Spotsies to heal them. Especially if food is involved: Laelie loves food.

Because she has been more trusting of animals than humans ever since her father was killed, soon after his death, Laelie left home and travelled deep into a previously untouched forest, where no humans cared to go. During this time, she acquainted herself with the forest's creatures, developing a very strong connection with all the animals, to an almost telepathic state of trust between her and any animal she meets. Many animals would give much to protect Laelie, though only the animals with which she
once lived in the forest would pay with their lives to protect her.

Homeland: Think medieval European foresty type area, sort of Lord of the Rings style. Castles, villages, farms, et cetera. There is little magic present in this land, you would more likely run into a sword-bearing knight than a magician of any sort. Her home, specifically, would be one of the larger, more out of the way forests.

I'm using the same description as when I used her in the previous OM. Same character, after all. Don't worry about her "weaponry" too much - she won't be fighting or anything. However, Spot and her ability to talk to animals may come into play sometime. We'll be starting out in her homeland, so that you are prepared.

Mushroom Pie
Name: Dan Whitcomb (goes by Whitcomb)
Color: Brown
Race: Human
Height: We'll start him off at a normal 6'2".

Looks: Dark brown, unkempt hair. cracked sunglasses, under which are large, light brown eyes. Long, thin nose. A bit of stubble on his chin. At all times there is a toothpick or (preferably) a cigarette hanging from his mouth. He wears a black suit that looks like it might have been really expensive at one point, but now it's ripped, filthy, and a bit musty. Same goes for the rest of his clothing.

Bio: Dan Whitcomb did not have a good day two years ago. While working his job at a super-secret government agency, he volunteered to be the first human test subject of new size-altering technology. However, half-way through the experiment there was a power shortage and he got a bit of electrocution. They ran extensive tests on him and found that there were absolutely no long-term negative effects, and sent him home. On his way, he encountered and mistakenly angered an old gypsy woman, who cast a size-altering curse upon him. However, he apologized deeply and paid her well for her trouble, so she removed the curse. By the time he had gotten home, it was late, so he went straight to bed. Unfortunately for him, a hitherto undetected and undetectable genetic disorder kicked in over night, which caused the size of his body and anything he was touching to erratically change sizes (this had nothing to do whatsoever with the past day's experiences).

Personality: Because of the adaptive lifestyle demanded of him, Whitcomb is a somewhat apathetic person, trying not to get too attached to his perpetually temporary surroundings. He still has a decent sense of humor, and likes to relax when he can. He prefers not to kill, but understands that many times it's necessary.

Powers/Abilities: Whitcomb is capable of changing his size once every five hours. However, he has extremely little control over this ability. He can't actually choose the size he changes to; he can only pull the trigger of his power and roll the dice, and whatever size he gets (which can vary from subatomic to gigantic), he's stuck with for five hours. If he doesn't purposely change his size, the power activates itself at the end of five hours. Additionally, everything in direct contact with his body, such as clothes or an enemy, shrinks or grows along with him. For living things, coming into direct contact with Whitcomb when he undergoes another size change will cause them to turn back to normal, and is the only method by which they can become their regular size again. I would prefer it if no one used his size-change ability but me, but seeing as how it is a time-based power I understand that it's sort of unavoidable.

Because of his history as a secret agent, Whitcomb is a master of a plethora of different martial arts styles. Particularly, since he often finds himself at a height and weight disadvantage, he finds judo highly useful. Also because of his background, he is extremely handy with a gun, but doesn't keep one on him.

As a sidenote, because his circumstances call for it, Whitcomb is highly resourceful, and can "go McGuyver" if necessary.

"Homeland": Whitcomb is a bit of a drifter, so he doesn't really have a homeland. However, a neat themed stage for him, a place where only he's been, is the world of the sub-atomic. In other words, the stage could be made up of giant atoms that players could hop between.

Username: Sean
Character Name: Seth Albel
Color: Dark Blue
Age/Birthday: 23, birthday unknown.

Appearance: Standing at an even 5'11", Seth wears a flowing white trench coat, and a black undershirt, with fitted black gi pants. There is a silver chain loosely tied around his waist, a silver cross hanging from it. Blond shaggy hair and green eyes, although living in Spain, his skin is fair. As a bounty hunter, his physical condition is superb.

About the character, personality: Sophisticated, calm, cultured, and intelligent, Seth is also ruthless on the battlefield. The head of a bounty hunting guild based in Barcelona, his past is a complete mystery. Often times called a prodigy of killing by his peers, he will only take the time to kill somebody if he feels it is worth his time. However, he will never back down from a challenge to a fight, regardless of the odds. He is also known to be very rude to people he considers weak. Has an enormous will to succeed. Always carries around his golden cigarette case and lighter, which are both engraved with "audaces fortuna iuvat" underneath a lion.

Dislikes: Large cities, arrogance in others

Weaponry: He carries a bow staff on his back, a silver revolver holstered at his side under his white trench coat, which is loaded with 6 bullets. Under both of his sleeves are metal arm guards that extend slightly over his wrists, for parrying attacks. He carries a keris dagger and a small bowie knife strapped to his left leg. He is also strong in hand to hand combat, with a very fluid style of fighting.

Description of Homeland: Left blank fer now, so says the Seanie. We'll see later on.

Player: Tacofiend
Character: Victor Giles
Age: Late thirties, heading into forties and he absolutely loathes it.
Race: Human, Caucasian if you want to be specific.
Color: Green

Personality: Always suave and always cordial, Victor is always looking to court the nearest beautiful woman and show her how a lady should be treated; a romantic dinner, possibly a conversation over a glass of champagne and then leaving the last move up to her. Win or lose, he walks away with no regrets and simply thinks of it as a pleasant evening. He can be a bit sarcastic at times, but that is just his sense of humor. Dealings with the authorities are not foreign to him and he handles them with as much ridicule as they provide suspicion, a habit that has gotten him incarcerated more than once. Escape has never been an issue though.

Description: His hair is jet-black, styled something like Bruce Wayne’s. Emerald eyes glitter when he gets the urge for a bit of mischief and a diamond hoop earring hangs from his left lobe, a memento from his earlier experiences. He has a moderate build, not so much athletic, but enough to defend himself were he ever to come into confrontation. You can typically find him wearing a flak jacket underneath his clothing. The life of a thief is full of surprises and he wishes to approach it prepared. For casual or “work” wear he favors a black turtleneck with a dark gray blazer and matching dress pants. Non-treaded, black shoes complete his ensemble. Another interesting thing worthy of note is that he lacks a shadow.

Biography: I’d like to tell his story as the game progresses so how about we just call him “shrouded in mystery” for now. It may be lame, but I’m still working things out.

Powers and Abilities: Victor’s talents encompass a very unique form of stealth. He can perfectly blend in with any environment by absorbing himself into it. For instance, he could sprint at a wall and jump into it, moving across its surface as if he was no more than a shadow. Moving up the side of a building is a simple task and sliding across a ceiling or floor is quite easy. Whatever he touches can be directly affected by this ability so, should he wish to, bringing another person with him is an option as long as they are touching him and he wills them to be able to do it. The form he takes while in “stealth-mode” ranges from a simple shadow on a wall or a large patch of grass. Even a figure in a painting can be accomplished, although he’d much rather have the painting for his own collection.

When Victor is in combat he uses the resources around him to defend himself. He has no weapons on his person at any time and limits himself to a wallet and its contents, and a lock-pick set.

Username: Wiznerd

Character Name: Nymph Incant

Color: White

Age/Birthday: Age unknown, though has the body of a 21 year old,

Race: Deformed Human

Appearance: Male, toned human body, long black hair(covers most of face), a colored tent covers the skin most times, dresses in a leather garb, closely resembling an elf attire, face is sculpted but worn with experience, has no eyes, just an empty socket and a large rune in placer of the other eye, Overall a dark character. With little regards to materialistic appearance.

About the character, personality:
Dislikes: Flight, and ignorance

Nymph is mainly a observer that only results to action if the moment is presented to him, he refers alternative tactics, and simply enjoys the stupidity of the world.

His appearance and current physical attributes are a result of a curse, placed on him by the sages of yore as a punishment for his selfishness and ego. He now has gotten over the fact that there is more in the world, but the effects still haunt him. He has no eyes so he cannot see, but his physical limitations are not as far behind as what first may seem. He has tuned his abilities of touch and hearing to pick up the smallest vibrations, air currents, and noise. Though he is completely defenseless to a silent flyer and for the moment being he cannot swim efficiently for long periods of time.

The curse involved a crude ritual in which he had his eyes scraped out to be blinded from his own self-interest. The rune located in his right socket is actually a tip of a large stake that was driven into his head and into his brain, it magical properties are only to keep him alive, and to collect and retain all knowledge and postpone his death, for his sentence was that for eternity.

His youthful spite still remains though he is not immortal he would die just like any other human, except for the part about natural causes. Because of the rune he has remained alive for countless generations, and has kept most of the memories and experience alive.

A side affect of the ruin is that it remains to keep a colored tint usually ranging from a dark red to a calm blue; this varies in great part to his emotions.

Another side note…though attempted many times he cannot physically harm himself. He must endure the world, with little escape.

Weaponry: Except for a large embellished hunting knife typical of Gaelic clans in the early last millennia. He carries no other physical weapons. His main weapon of source is the fact that he has most likely two millennia or more worth of knowledge in the arts of combat, and mysticism. Everything he learns he retains, and he is not likely to forget. This is not limited by simple facts, but continues to blueprints, locations, touch, figure…etc. Not to mention he can call anything in the reserve of knowledge.

Description of Homeland: He has no homeland for now but a long path of places he has lived.

Though at one point he did have a family, they lived on the outside of an abandon castle reeked with lost devices and artillery. Though his family has long since perished.

I choose a new color fer Wiznerd at his request. Indigo was already chosen by Tony, sorry bout that, Wiz.

Username: Sharp
Character Name: Charles Shepherd (As well as 5 puppets)
Color: 660033, Blackish Red
Age/Birthday: 72 / Fifth of November.
Appearance: A very old man. He wears a black trench coat and fedora, and underneath that, black slacks. Long white hair flows behind him, and a long beard and large mustache in front. His old face is full of vigor, however, due in part to his yellow, catlike eyes. His trenchcoat has 6 slings on the inside through which his five one to two foot tall puppets can be held, provided they. The sixth sling is broken, appearing slashed open.
About the character, personality: Charles himself isn't a character I will be using all of the time, as his puppets have life of their own, although they do not all have mouths. The puppets will be introduced early in the game. Charles himself is a bit fickle in his personality, or so it might seem outwardly. While not good by any means, he is gentlemanly to people he sees face to face, especially women. He is, however, merciless, and will have his puppets kill ruthlessly when he deems it necessary.
Weaponry: Five puppets.
Description of Homeland: For most of his life, he lived in a section of a city where the streets were lined with brick townhouses. The streets were thin, with enough room for cars to park on either side with a one way road in between. It is here on the sidewalk that he once regularly put on a puppet show, before he brought them to life.

Username: Its_The_Sneak!!!
Character Name: Dash
Color: Black, y'all.
Age/Birthday: 26
Appearance: His blue eyes clash with his black hair, military clothing and stubbly face. More on his clothing, it's similar to an RAF jumpsuit.
About the character, personality: He's a little headstrong. He knows he's not the best fighter out there, but in a scrap, he always tends to underestimate his enemies at first, quickly learning their modus operandi, and then taking them down the best he can. He's loud-mouthed, but he's a good, dependable friend to have.
Weaponry: A small pistol that he probably won't use much, kinetic rings on his hands, which are a lot like brass knuckles, but when he makes a fist, it charges up, and when he releases the fist, it releases a blast of kinetic energy. This increases the strength of his punches considerably. In his shoes are kinetic boosts, which he can activate and fire in short bursts at will. They can improve his run speed considerably, increase his kick power, enable him to jump quite high and land safely, and in some instances, skip across small bodies of water. As for defense, he always wears his bullet-proof vest, and can use his kinetic weapons to push enemies back. He's also equipped with the LO77A information HUD. He wears it just above his right eye, and it tells him anything he needs to know. And I mean anything. Anything its large array of sensors can detect, and anything already in its extensive database. The device is tiny and completely solid plastic and silicon. It's completely indestructable. The LO77A is biometrically tied to Dash. Any other wearer will be temporarly blinded by the device. Security on the device is incredibly tight; it's completely unhackable. Basically, you can take it away from him, but you can't use it against him. :P. If you do take it away, he does have a method of tracking it, so I wouldn't make a random grab for it if I were you. It won't help him in a fight, but it'll help him out in a lot of other ways.
Description of Homeland: Atrios survived an interplanetary war with twin planet Zeos by the skin of its teeth. Since then, the irradiated rubble has been cleared and the planet has an Earthly apparance, with most of the surface taken up by a large city. The underground nuclear bunkers still exist, most of them disused, some still irradiated.

Username: Hooooomsar
Character Name: Roderick Brookes
Color: Indigo
Age/Birthday: 24, 11/25/1983
Appearance: http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6428/brookeshf7.jpg
About the character, personality: A mean, drunk, chain smoking, asshole. He'll do just about anything to piss people off.
Weaponry: He prefers a kendo stick for beatings, or his bare hands. He'll also use liquor bottles, and the occasional gun, depending on what the situation calls for.
Description of Homeland: Derry, Ireland. Gangs, the IRA, all that good stuff. Rumor is Brookes is a member of the IRA in good standing.

Last edited by Tsuta on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:16 am; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tsuta
the SockMaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arggg. Ok, unlocked due to other stuff.

Yeah. Anyway, continue PMing yer stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sharp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try, don't expect me to be quite as good as usual.

Lemme send a profile.

EDIT: Tough decision. I've scrapped Chucky, and I'm quite glad I did. I want to do an Icelandic giant named "Blakkr Rekkr", but the size changing could ruin him, and he's hard to develop. My other choice is a puppet master, but I've got no idea on the details for him...

I'm gonna wait until mushpie or someone else playing shows up and talk to them about it.

EDIT2: Dear god, I'm rereading my first post from OM III 1/2, and wondering if I'll ever write anything that well again. It's like someone else wrote it.
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo.... Is the OMness going to continue sometime soon?...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't sent in my entry, and it'd be nice to find out whether Ashfordpride wants in first.

EDIT: Entry sent.
Homestarrunnernet
Wastrel.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacofiend wrote:

What a damn hypocrite.
cyber95
Cheesy Special FX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'll enter this time.

Somebody needs to die first.
Sharp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, unlikely.
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homestarrunnernet wrote:
Tacofiend wrote:

What a damn hypocrite.

What'd I do now?
Homestarrunnernet
Wastrel.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacofiend wrote:
Homestarrunnernet wrote:
Tacofiend wrote:

What a damn hypocrite.

What'd I do now?

It's your fault this was locked to begin with.
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, are we trying to turn this into a debate thread. Because if that's what you intend to do with it, perhaps it would be a good idea to educate yourself about the situation before you start critisizing people. The issue has been done away with and there's no need to open old wounds.
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok children. Stop fighting before this gets locked again.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... he started it... *pouts*
the SockMaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, we'll get going once we get a few more players. I'd like everyone to get a chance to join before I stop letting people apply.
Seanie
kid with the will to funk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white

are you serious?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: