SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Game of Death - Passoff edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyber95
Cheesy Special FX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: The Game of Death - Passoff edition Reply with quote

Okay, since we can never have anybody that works out when it comes to running GoD, here's my plan.

To start off, I'll post a scenario, and after all the answers have come in, I'll hand out points, and then pick the best one.
The person with the best solution now runs the game. They'll come up with a scenario, hand out points, pick the best one, and then it'll be THAT person's turn.

I'll edit points into this post here.

Xaqwais - 3
Mushroom Pie - 3
Tacofiend - 3
Its_The_Sneak!!! - 5
Hooooomsar - 2
Jpec07 - 4
Sharp - 0
Cyber95 - 2
Empy - 0
dynamite spoony - 2
Seanie - 2
DJ the Stick - 1

PUZZLE 1: Run by me.
I am surrounded by an impenetrable box fort. Contrary to what you may think, it is in fact, impenetrable.
There is one small slot for me to look out, but I won't stand next to it without a good reason.
You cannot get in, I cannot get out, and I've got enough supplies in here to last me a lifetime.
Kill me.

PUZZLE 2: Run by Xaqwais.
I am in a building with hundreds of thousands of other people. These are all my hired bodyguards. All these bodyguards are my clones, so we all look exactly the same. If you kill any of the clones, I'll find out and use a teleportation device to get away. You have to kill me without letting anyone else escape.

The teleporter device is intantaneous. If you try nuking the building, as soon as the first clone dies I'm teleported out to hospital care, just in case.

PUZZLE 3: Run by me.
If I see you, you die. If I hear you, you die. If i smell you, you die. If you touch me, you die. If somebody that you know touches me, is seen by me, heard by me, or smelled by me, you both die. If you indirectly touch me with a ranged weapon, you die. If you indirectly touch me with something controlled by you, you die. If you die in the process of killing me, you get no point.
Kill me.

PUZZLE 4: Run by Mushroom Pie.
I do not need to breath, and am not negatively affected whatsoever by heat. This is good, because I am surrounded by a sphere of air ten feet in diameter that's heated to hundreds upon hundreds of millions of degrees. Everything that comes in contact with this sphere, except for myself, instantly evaporates. I can levitate five feet off of the ground, so as to prevent the sphere from constantly melting the ground beneath me.

Kill me.

PUZZLE 4: Run by dynamite spoony
I have no single form. I have five bodies, all of them formed from pure electricity. Since they're not solid, projectiles of any kind are not effective. Touching any one of them, even with an object other than your own hands, results in instant death. All of them are connected by a thin strand (you touch them, you die) which then connects to a generator. The generator is surrounded by a metal box, which is inpenetrable.

Kill me.

PUZZLE 5: Run by Jpec07
I am immortal, invincible, and invisible. In essence, I cannot die or be killed by any means.Of course, you could try getting me to say my name backwards, but that's nearly impossible as well, so yeah...

Kill me.

PUZZLE 6: Run by Its_The_Sneak!!!
Okay, so get this: First, scientists proved that time is inalterable. Then, I looked into the future with a 100% accurate futurescope and found that I'm alive at the end of the universe.

So kill me.

PUZZLE 7: Run by Seanie
I am the luckiest man alive.

Kill me.

Last edited by cyber95 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:33 am; edited 16 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jpec07
A Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple: a stiff wind blows the box fort down on your head and you die, all the while I'm sitting pretty on my hammock, being rocked safely by said wind.
Mushroom Pie
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set the thing on fire. It's impenetrable, so you can't escape.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While your box fort is impenetrable, you say nothing about it being impregnable. I head around to the back of the fort and attempt to make sweet, sweet love to the fore. How? I'll tell you when you're older. Regardless, the boxchild grows and grows behind you. You can't get behind it because it's square and is in a corner. It grows until nine months pass at which point it is thrust out of the only hole in the fort, forcing you out of the only hole in the box. (Once again, I'll tell you when you're older.) I quickly stab you in the neck as you come out.

Me and the box have a short-lived marriage, and it is eventually broken. She gets total custody of our son, and I get stuck paying child support. I know I killed you, but things just turned out so wrong...
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just take a hose linked to a tank filled with carbon monoxide and plug up your hole with it. Plugging the hose would be useless as you would sever your only means of air supply. Therefore, once the box fills with the deadly gas you will slip into a peaceful sleep and after a few minutes, die.

Last edited by Tacofiend on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mushroom Pie
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
While your box fort is impenetrable, you say nothing about it being impregnable. I head around to the back of the fort and attempt to make sweet, sweet love to the fore. How? I'll tell you when you're older. Regardless, the boxchild grows and grows behind you. You can't get behind it because it's square and is in a corner. It grows until nine months pass at which point it is thrust out of the only hole in the fort, forcing you out of the only hole in the box. (Once again, I'll tell you when you're older.) I quickly stab you in the neck as you come out.

Me and the box have a short-lived marriage, and it is eventually broken. She gets total custody of our son, and I get stuck paying child support. I know I killed you, but things just turned out so wrong...

You would have to "penetrate" the fort for that to happen.
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M32 Multiple Grenade Launcher can put a grenade into just about any hole very accurately at a relatively long distance. I'm 40 yards away on a hill and I will shoot into that box over there. It's impenetrable, but it's got one fatal flaw: a small hole for looking out. This tiny grenade can fit through it, and if not, it will detonate on impact, sending an enormous shockwave, tons of shrapnel, and an expanding fireball inside. Watch me blow the occupant to smithereens. (pulls the trigger, direct hit)
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Xaqwais
Squa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I build a device that tortures people from the intense sound it creates. Then, I get a ladder so I'm within arm's reach of the lookout. I stick the device in. I then put on extremely well made soundproof earmuffs. I then hire several earmuffed snipers as I get down. I turn on the device and your brain hurts as if I stabbed it with 100 thumbtacks. When you finally reach the box to shut if off, my snipers shoot you through the slot. If you manage to dodge those, as soon as you touch the device, it explodes. Win.

My image died!

Last edited by Xaqwais on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushroom Pie wrote:
Sharp wrote:

Ha-ha. *Pats Mushpie on the head*

When you're older son, I'll tell you all about the boxes and the bees.
Hooooomsar
Class-hole

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I penetrate your mom instead and you die of grief.
cyber95
Cheesy Special FX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jpec07 wrote:
Simple: a stiff wind blows the box fort down on your head and you die, all the while I'm sitting pretty on my hammock, being rocked safely by said wind.

If you can't knock it down,(The fort being impenetrable means it's gotta be strong enough to withstand your attacks) what makes you think some wind could knock it down? No point
Mushroom Pie wrote:
I set the thing on fire. It's impenetrable, so you can't escape.

Cardboard boxes are, as a matter of fact, quite flammable. The fire spreads throughout and I try to escape to no prevail. I burn with the fort. Point.

Sharp wrote:

Mushpie put it quite well.
Quote:

No point
Tacofiend wrote:
I'd just take a hose linked to a tank filled with carbon monoxide and plug up your hole with it. Plugging the hose would be useless as you would sever your only means of air supply. Therefore, once the box fills with the deadly gas you will slip into a peaceful sleep and after a few minutes, die.

You do this once I decide to take a nap. Next morning, I wake up dead.

Wait.
Point
Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:

The M32 Multiple Grenade Launcher can put a grenade into just about any hole very accurately at a relatively long distance. I'm 40 yards away on a hill and I will shoot into that box over there. It's impenetrable, but it's got one fatal flaw: a small hole for looking out. This tiny grenade can fit through it, and if not, it will detonate on impact, sending an enormous shockwave, tons of shrapnel, and an expanding fireball inside. Watch me blow the occupant to smithereens. (pulls the trigger, direct hit)

"Hey what's that little black thi-" Point

Xaqwais wrote:
I build a device that tortures people from the intense sound it creates. Then, I get a ladder so I'm within arm's reach of the lookout. I stick the device in. I then put on extremely well made soundproof earmuffs. I then hire several earmuffed snipers as I get down. I turn on the device and your brain hurts as if I stabbed it with 100 thumbtacks. When you finally reach the box to shut if off, my snipers shoot you through the slot. If you manage to dodge those, as soon as you touch the device, it explodes. Win.

Annoyed by the sound, I try to drown it out by putting the radio on full blast. When that doesn't work, I put the TV on full blast. Still hearing it, I put some music on the computer on full blast. Eventually I decide to turn it off, but being the paranoid guy I am, I decide to turn off the device from a distance. I shoot at it, setting off the bomb. I get blown up. Point

Hooooomsar wrote:
I penetrate your mom instead and you die of grief.

You do that, but me, being quite happy in my box fort, hear nothing of it, and go on with life as normal. No point

Best answer (gets an extra point):
Well, I'll say Xaqwais, because he covered all of the bases for makin' sure that shutting off the sound would kill me. You get to run the next round.

Mushroom Pie - 1
Tacofiend - 1
Its_The_Sneak!!! - 1
Hooooomsar - 0
Jpec07 - 0
Sharp - 0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xaqwais
Squa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle 2: I am in a building with hundreds of thousands of other people. These are all my hired bodyguards. All these bodyguards are my clones, so we all look exactly the same. If you kill any of the clones, I'll find out and use a teleportation device to get away. You have to kill me without letting anyone else escape.

The teleporter device is intantaneous. If you try nuking the building, as soon as the first clone dies I'm teleported out to hospital care, just in case.

My image died!
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have a teleporter, so do I. I teleport the entire building into space. You all explosively decompress at the same rate, so nobody dies before anyone else.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Hooooomsar
Class-hole

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a device for finding Electromagnetic Interference to figure out which of you is carrying the teleportation device, and kill that one. Since it's you.

Last edited by Hooooomsar on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I release various insects on a floor on the building. Enough to make someone call the exterminator. When the exterminator gets close to the building, I hop into the passenger seat, kill him, and take his clothes. I go into the building. Having never attempted to kill you before, nobody recognizes me. I sit down a second, yawn, and drop a small syringe into a potted plant. I'd put down a backpack of what appeared to be gas, but put it back on directly afterwards. I head up to the top floor and begin to hack into the building's speaker system. I announce that I have released a deadly virus through the ventilation, and that I have hidden the antidote somewhere in the building. I flip open my pack which turns out not to have gas, but a parachute in it, and jump off the building, floating far away to safety. With so many bodyguards, they must have all obviously been prepared for death. They quickly find the syringe, and allow you to save yourself with it. Unfortunately for you, the fluid reacts like a high-powered bomb, thoroughly destroying you and most people nearby. The building collapses, and anyone not immediately killed is destroyed by falls or falling rubble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: