SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Game of Death - Passoff edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooooomsar
Class-hole

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say you have to survive.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not a standing rule anymore?

Ok.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
cyber95
Cheesy Special FX

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, unless specifically said in the puzzle, dying in the process still nets you a point.

As for me? I convince you to join a cult with me. We're dedicated to providing our members with an awesome life while it lasts.
You are happier than you have ever been, what with the cult leaders having free stuff coming out the wazoo. Theme parks, free food, anything you want, basically, they can get it for you.
After all this, the time comes. Everybody, including you (and me, I mean, what kinda person would I be if I didn't reassure you it's all fine by drinking with you?), drinks the "spiked" punch. Everybody dies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cow_with_gun

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyber95 wrote:
I convince you to join a cult with me. We're dedicated to providing our members with an awesome life while it lasts.
You are happier than you have ever been.

DJ The Stick
Ahh!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of like Sneak's (although I didn't rip it off), so whatever.

I tell you a joke and you die of laughing.

-DJ
Has just lost the game

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crash an angry-faced moon into the earth.
I never tried to kill you, specifically, moreso everybody on it. You were a by-product of my genocide.
Hooooomsar
Class-hole

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to accept revisions based on this information, but I'll let you guys know now, who didn't seem to realize it. Trying to kill me isn't the only thing in the world that makes me angry.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooooomsar wrote:
Not going to accept revisions based on this information, but I'll let you guys know now, who didn't seem to realize it. Trying to kill me isn't the only thing in the world that makes me angry.
You'd better not mean me, I've addressed that in both my solutions.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Hooooomsar
Class-hole

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Okay, fine. I invent a device that lets me operate so fast, it's like time has stood still for everyone else. I did this for my own personal benefit, I haven't even met you yet. While using the device, I see you having a good time (so you're in no way angry) and decide to kill you. I pull out a gun and shoot you. Since I was holding the gun, it acts at the same speed I do. So to you, the entire murder from meditation to action happened in less than a split second. By the time you're even aware that I intend to kill you, you've already got a hole in your head. You never had time to get angry before you dropped over dead.

I'll take it. Point.

Quote:
A war is waged between the US and some other country. I am in the war and I am a pilot for the US. While flying, my engine malfunctions. You are aware of me falling and attempt to escape. I'm not trying to kill you so you do not get mad. Since my plane unfortunately has a nuke in it, the blast kills you.

Why would you be carrying a nuke over US soil? Also, knowing you're flying a Nuke over my head makes me angry, since you put me in danger. Seeing that my concern was founded makes me angrier. I'm invincible when the bomb goes off, and remain pissed until I escape the radiated area. No point.

Quote:
All right, all right, we're screwing around at the campsite, and I accidentally shoot you in the head during our light-hearted and in no way anger-causing shenanigans.

Point. Clever.

Quote:
As for me? I convince you to join a cult with me. We're dedicated to providing our members with an awesome life while it lasts.
You are happier than you have ever been, what with the cult leaders having free stuff coming out the wazoo. Theme parks, free food, anything you want, basically, they can get it for you.
After all this, the time comes. Everybody, including you (and me, I mean, what kinda person would I be if I didn't reassure you it's all fine by drinking with you?), drinks the "spiked" punch. Everybody dies.

I'm not an idiot, ergo, not joining a cult. No point.

Quote:
Kind of like Sneak's (although I didn't rip it off), so whatever.

I tell you a joke and you die of laughing.

It works. The devil was in the details with Dave. Point.

Quote:
I crash an angry-faced moon into the earth.
I never tried to kill you, specifically, moreso everybody on it. You were a by-product of my genocide.

I'm still pissed. And if you succeed in destroying the world, I'm going to be pissed forever. No people = no sex. That's frustrating. So I never suffocate.

Gonna go with Mushy on this one. The accident got perfectly around the puzzle.
Mushroom Pie
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have remarkably good hearing. I can hear just about anything. If there's nothing around to hear, I can hear the movement of air, and can distinguish the sound of clean air from the sound of air filled with poison gas. I can tune out extraneous sounds if I so desire. If I hear you while you're killing me, you will die.

Kill me. No point if you die in the process.
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay someone to fly a supersonic jet low over your head. It's not me doing the flying, and it's not killing you, so this isn't a deal-breaker. You go quite deaf from it though, possibly permanently. I then merely walk up to you, pull out a gun and shoot you. You can't hear any bit of it, and you die.
I don't.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
DJ The Stick
Ahh!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give you a ride on a space ship, and then don't bring you back. You'll die eventually, and I just "happened" to forget, making it not a real attempt to kill you.

-DJ
Class-hole

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushroom Pie wrote:
I have remarkably good hearing. I can hear just about anything. If there's nothing around to hear, I can hear the movement of air, and can distinguish the sound of clean air from the sound of air filled with poison gas. I can tune out extraneous sounds if I so desire. If I hear you while you're killing me, you will die.

Kill me. No point if you die in the process.

I surprise you with a sound loud enough to make you go permanently deaf. Since you didn't see it coming, you had no time to tune it out, and went deaf instantly. Now that you're deaf, I can easily walk up to you and kill you as I please.

Edit: Dave beat me to it.
Instead,
I kill you with poison gas, while being completely silent. You can hear the gas all you want, you didn't hear me, so I still don't die.
cyber95
Cheesy Special FX

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play six hundred songs on 600 different radios. All of them are sung by me, and many of them are the same song. I am also singing the song, and throwing my voice in varying directions while I sneak up on you. You attempt to pinpoint exactly which of them is actually me, but can't focus on the correct one. While this continues, I stab you in the sides of the head in such a way that I don't kill you and pierce your cochleas. I then stab you some more, killing you, and even if you can still slightly hear, you cannot hear me or the knives, as the music is on full blast. You never end up hearing me in the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jpec07
A Guy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...dang, people keep stealing my ideas.

You and I are in outer space, both in space suits. Sound doesn't travel through empty space. I pull out a gun that works on nothing other than mechanical force (no explosions or pressure involved, just a lot of springs and a lot of force) and shoot it through the tube that supplies the suit with oxygen. You don't hear anything until after the hole has been made, and don't have enough time to fix it. You freeze or suffocate to death because of the breach that was directly perpetuated by me. The gun does not misfire in any way. I get back in my space shuttle and fly home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: