SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TWG14: sean's dead :3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fruiterian
kinda boring now, sorry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: TWG14: sean's dead :3 Reply with quote

I have permission both from DJ and ITS to start this.

So, this is a new werewolf game.
For those of you who are completely new to this, which is doubtful, descriptions:

The wolves kill one person each night, and during the day they masquerade as humans in town. But the humans have started to fight back against this tyranny, by voting one of their own to be lynched at the end of each day. It's an ugly life, so there are others who try to fight back in their own way. The light angel protects a human each night from the wolves, while the light seer divines the true identities of the town. A dark angel floats over the town like a shadow, protecting one person a day from the possibility of death at the hands of their brethren, and a mercenary wanders the night, tracking down prey, killing them if he has identified a wolf. And finally, the dark seer uses his own dark divinations to determine if someone is just ordinary or is hiding secret identities. But no one can divulge their true role until death, lest it come even earlier to them.

Note: If I don't get enough people, I'm going to cut the mercenary, dark seer, and dark angel, in that order; after determining the number of wolves.

Please PM me if you want to play. This mayor contest will help me determine the location in a roundabout way. Along with your PM tell me what your favorite accent of the English language is. Wikipedia's article briefing the various accents can help. Be as specific as possible. Whichever one catches my fancy the most, that's the setting I'll be going with, and that person will be mayor. If two or more people offer up the same accent, then I'll flip a coin or randomly choose.

Good luck!

Currently living:
Otogi-san
Christo
DJ
Tsuta
Xaqwais
TeamAmerica
Sharp
Belgianbronco
pig nash
Homestarrunnernet

Dead:
Its_the_Sneak!!! (angel)
Sean

Last edited by fruiterian on Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:28 am; edited 5 times in total
fruiterian
kinda boring now, sorry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pig nash is your mayor. he suggested a lancashire accent which was the most specific and the closest, in terms of physical location, to the locations i was considering. so, this will take place in scotland, because i like scottish accents.

i am going to send out pms momentarily.
there will be four wolves, a light seer, and a light angel.

story should go up in the next day or so. i am in the middle of writing it. this first story will be significantly longer than the rest of it, i don't see myself writing things of this length for the rest of it. it's more to set the scene, establish my own character, and put my own little twist on the mythos.
kinda boring now, sorry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAI GUYZ so this is it now. Sorry for the length. So, pig nash is going to have to devise his own little rules for mayoring, as it has been for the other games. I'm probably terribly inaccurate in my portrayal of Scotland but WHATEVER. Also the story, now looking at it, is generally crappy, especially the last part that actually involves the TWG thing.

My interpretation thus far has been rather simple, no reinvention, don't anticipate any twists. But my character's a fucking wimp, that much I look forward to.

Adele was just a stranger in this beautiful land. It was so stunning, so green, so hypnotizing, she wished she could be a part of it forever... but she was just a visitor, subject to a temporary life here. Her friend, Llywelyn, made his residence in a small little town not too far away. They had gone to high school together, and were fantastic friends, virtually inseparable... until Llywelyn's family had inexplicably moved to Scotland, Edinburgh to be precise, shortly after their high school graduation. And he went to the University of St. Andrews, graduated from there while Adele attended New York University, still in the United States. But now they were both free from school, just getting started on their independent lives. It was time for a reunion. The train station was steadily approaching, and Adele was preparing to depart.

Llywelyn was waiting for her, right on the platform. Her large brown eyes lit up, and her mouth erupted in a huge toothy smile. Llywelyn looked the same as ever, if slightly older: the same long, lean frame, lightly muscled, and a long, almost sorrowful face. They hugged, tightly.

"Oh, I missed you!" Llywelyn said. His voice had deepened a bit, and had begun to pick up some features of the local accent. "My car is this way, come on! You can tell me what the trip was like on the way to my place."

"I hope you like it. You can have the couch, my room is a mess--don't want to subject you to that, the couch is really comfortable anyways."

The drive from the train station was fairly quick, with the sky changing from a golden dusk to dark night overhead. The green fields gave way to small gatherings of buildings, more of them and more dense the further they traveled on. Forty minutes (or thereabouts) of travel had given them the chance to begin to catch up, but there was so much more to talk about. In the center of one of these towns, a picturesque village with no building taller than three stories, the car stopped and they disembarked.

Llywelyn lived alone in a walk-up apartment in the middle of town, above a small specialty food market and an elderly widower with two cats. His place, for being an apartment, was large and comfortable: a large living room with a loveseat, full size couch, and small tv, a table in the center for eating. The kitchen was small but well-equipped with all appliances known to man and many fresh ingredients (one of numerous benefits to the apartment's location). The walls were a comfortable pale yellow, the furniture in rich dark woods and chartruese fabric. It felt like it could be home.

"It's wonderful!"

"Are you tired? It's pretty late, we can discuss more things in the morning." By the time he said this, Adele had curled up onto the couch. He sighed, and gently placed a blanket over her sleeping form. "Good night," he whispered, and retreated to his own room.

There was crashing and banging coming from Llywelyn's room. Screams. Cries for help. Adele was sleeping on the couch, peacefully--no longer. And it stopped. Quickly. A scuttle of steps and then there was complete silence.

"Llywelyn?" She couldn't help but use his full name. "Llywelyn!" She pounded on his bedroom door. Tried to open it. No good. He locked the door before he went to bed. She wouldn't be able to get in. A glance at the clock. It was three in the morning.

After fumbling with the phone, she managed to find and dial the number for the police, and desperately waited for the ring-tone to give way to a voice.

"Judging from the wounds there were multiple attackers." The tall policeman was calmly going over the circumstances of Llywelyn's death (in a strong Scottish accent, no less) to Adele, she just sitting there uncomfortably. When they took out the body she was grateful that it left the building covered in a swath of white linen cloth. It was a happy reunion of two childhood friends, which had appeared to go fantastically, until this tragedy had struck. "You had said the door was locked when you fell asleep here?" He went on, attempting to be as gentle as possible to the girl, now stranded. "I know you haven't done it, with the door and multiple attackers and all, and we've already asked of you everything that we possibly could." Indeed, they had talked to her, one on one, shortly after the police had arrived on the scene, about the circumstances of the visit, her relationship, what happened when she called... everything. By the end of it she was in tears.

A knock on the door broke off the conversation. "Come in," the policeman said, almost like it was his own place now...

"Got here as soon as I could. What has happened here?" It was a stranger, someone from the town itself.

"Adele, this is our mayor. He usually goes by the nickname of pig nash." pig nash nodded to her. "I've discussed some of what has happened here, and he has kindly allowed you to stay with him until the quarantine is over."

Now she was confused. Quarantine? What for? When would she be able to go home? "Why is there a quarantine?"

The policeman sighed. "This is a complicated case, and we won't be here to moderate it--we're a small department, my other colleagues are on holiday for the next two months and regulation requires me to go through a blood test regimen now that I've been well, exposed... But, ehm, your friend... his attackers left behind a little bit of blood, from what sort of accident, I know know. But I can tell you that it is definitely not your friend's blood. Now, in the blood there were traces of a virus that has broken out here and there--the last time it broke out, I believe, was someplace in the United States, New Jersey. Once someone contracts the disease they become violent. For the first few weeks they're simply contagious and spread it to other people, however, after that incubation, they fly into violent rages much more often, usually at night. The condition is incurable and usually results in death from some kind of violent conflict." He sighed again. "And here you are, stuck in the middle of all this."

pig nash stood up to the small crowd in front of him, the people yelling and demanding action. Adele was back in his apartment (noticeably less comfortable than Llywelyn's was, but a roof and a safe place to stay was welcome). But in the meantime he had been listening to the concerns of his constituents. They were panicking. They wanted answers. They wanted a solution to this situation. And it would escalate to violence quickly, no matter what he did.

Better to have it in a controlled situation straight off the bat than let it grow and fester like some wound you can't ignore.

"You seem determined to wipe out the town to eradicate the mere possibility of violence. I know I can't stop you from killing people, so here is what I am prepared to condone: you may lynch one member of our community each day, by a majority vote, and with my approval. One of you will make the kill, who it is, we will determine randomly." He sighed. "I didn't want to do this, but the situation seems to leave me little choice."

day one--1 2 3 GO
Cheesy Special FX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote- wait I'm not playing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fruiterian
kinda boring now, sorry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, uh, is anyone going to vote.

Devastated.
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.

Sean.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Otogi-san
gleep glorp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Its_The_Sneak.

Just goin' down the line.
Seanie
kid with the will to funk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS, revenge, etc.
Otogi-san
gleep glorp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have voted for me, that would have made it go in order and go in a circle. STUPID. D;
Homestarrunnernet
Wastrel.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't The Sopranos, Danyo.

Anyways, ITS.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, let me just say that killing me would be a bad idea.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Christo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Sneaks.

You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
Seanie
kid with the will to funk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:
ok, let me just say that killing me would be a bad idea.

you say that everytime. Neutral
cow_with_gun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you'd have the blood of the innocent on your hands.

I swear coppers, it's just cornstarch!
the snuggler
ohhh yeeahh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS it is, then.

i rhyme in tsunamis and this is just a drop of it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: