SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open OM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ The Stick
Ahh!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, laziness still has a place in OM.

-DJ
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the new system, it still proudly triumphs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you don't miss it, I posted.

You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RESERVED
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. I just stopped writing for about two days and no one decided to grab the reserve. Oh well. I got motivated and finished up my post today so hopefully Sharp will be inspired to write his post now. Nothing special, but here you go.

Perfect control. For him, a world subject to his every whim would be a Valhalla. A paradise where swords rang from sunrise to sunset would reign. One would live life to fight and time would stand still so that the battles would never cease. Mess halls would echo with the murmur of warriors as they shoveled away their hearty meals so that the clashing of bone and sinew could resume. The exhilaration that came with engaging your foe would be life’s fulfillment. Cyborg Ninja stood up slowly from his kneeling position and stared up at a railroad crossing sign.

“It won’t take long,” he growled.

Cyborg Ninja stepped lightly over the rails of the first set of tracks, gazing at the canal that ran between the middle of the four tracks. He followed its flow as far as a chain link fence at which point the water seemed to disappear. Only bright, white space remained beyond that. He briefly wondered where the water had run into, but quickly turned his attention to a vague murmur that seemed to carry on the wind. Dashing towards a nearby bridge, he leapt onto the railing, somersaulted to the other side and continued down an abandoned road.

It wasn’t long before he found himself standing in front of a large, red-bricked building. A faded sign swayed back and forth on a single chain suspended from above the front door. Between slow rotations, Cyborg Ninja could make out the word “DISTILLERY” in tall, thin letters. Several windows looked out on the street from the front of the building. The glass in some had apparently become yellow with age and a couple of the windows had plywood boards nailed over them. The Ninja approached one of the windows silently and tapped lightly on the glass. The small impacts proved too much for the aged glass to bear and it gave way, tinkling onto the ground inside. He cursed under his breath at his carelessness and quickly switched on his stealth camouflage. Within moments, he became nearly imperceptible and then dove head first through the window, careful not to graze any of the remaining glass shards. He came in rolling and then knelt briefly to take in the surrounding area.

Barrels, presumably filled with alcohol, lined the walls of what looked like a warehouse. A set of stairs lie to Cyborg Ninja’s right and led up to a catwalk that ran along the wall. With a graceful flip, he landed noiselessly on the metal grating and followed along the path in order to get a better view of the center of the warehouse. Long, rectangular tables sat in rows facing the barrels and various tube riggings sat atop them. Had there been workers, they would have been using the riggings to mix the alcohol into their brew. As the Ninja made his way farther down the wall, he caught sight of something towards the back end of the warehouse. He quickly crouched and made his way slowly in that direction.

“Wowsers,” gasped a large-nosed man in a grey trench coat. He also wore a wide brimmed hat and a bewildered stare as he sat stricken on a red sofa. He rose from his seat cautiously, his large eyes darting back and forth. “Goodness! I have a good mind to believe M.A.D. had some hand in this.” He relaxed and brushed off the front of his coat. “Or maybe a claw…” He chuckled to himself at the wittiness of his last comment.

“Do you always talk to yourself?” rang the Ninja’s metallic voice. In a moment, the man in gray’s head was pulled backwards, his arm twisted behind him and his back arched in the familiar posture of someone who had been just grabbed from behind.

“What in blazes- gck!” exclaimed the man as his words were choked off by the Ninja’s invisible forearm. The stealth camouflage flickered once before Cyborg Ninja revealed himself. “That’s a neat trick. That must be M.A.D. technology you’re using.” The man in gray was straining for air as the Ninja’s hold around his neck became tighter.

“What are you referring to?” the Ninja interrogated. “Some off-branch of the Patriots?”

“Don’t play dumb with me. I’m Inspector Gadget, and I can always spot an agent when I see them.” The inspector’s ramblings were beginning to irritate Cyborg Ninja and he just assumed to get rid of the nuisance before he had a chance to cause him any trouble.

“You’re one of the five that was dropped here during that warp, right?”

“Well, I saw four others along the way, if that means anything.” The Ninja grinned under his faceplate.

“Well, then. You would be my first victim then, wouldn’t you?” With that, he grabbed the inspector’s head and violently twisted it 180º until the man’s dull eyes were looking back at him.

“Not so fast,” piped Gadget, his brow furling. “It won’t be that easy.”
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reserved
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, when you counter with your own post, CN will be using neither his sword nor camo. I would think that someone like him would greatly underestimate someone as eccentric and ridiculous as Gadget.
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gamedepiction.com/media2/mgs-cyborg-ninja.jpg

There's some reference for you guys to go off of.
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Consider yourself under arrest!" declared the Inspector.
"If your neck won't snap, I'll just rip your head clean off!" bellowed the man in the metal suit.
Suddenly, the Cyborg Ninja felt a sharp impact on his skull, hard enough to disable his vision momentarily. He let go of Gadget and leaped back. His vision quickly returned to reveal Gadget turning his body around to match the direction of his head, both arms folded in front of him. There was also a third arm coming out of Gadget's hat, clutching a large wooden-looking hammer.
"What the-?" wondered the ninja, before unleashing a powerful punch against the Inspector.
Gadget hit the wall pretty hard, but bounced back to his feet.
"So you still want to fight, eh?" he quipped. "Go ahead, I can take anything you throw at me!"
At that, he yanked one of the buttons on his coat and the outfit began to inflate. Cyborg Ninja accepted the challenge and began landing blow after blow into the giant airbag. When he saw it was pointless, he ceased his assault.
"Now then, I should hope you'll come quietly," chuckled the Inspector, deflating to his normal size.
"I'll do you later, swiss army knife," grunted the metallic man.
He activated his cloak and ran for the door.
"Oh no you don't!" shouted Inspector Gadget, hot in pursuit. "Go-Go Gadget Arms!"
The two brown-gloved hands telescoped the length of the room, stretching for the door. Luckily for Gadget, they managed to sieze the very person he was aiming for. They began to reel him in, but the Cyborg Ninja stood his ground. The cloak deactivated to reveal the man in the metal suit completely tangled in Gadget's arms, pinning his own to his side. He strained against the telescoping limbs with all his might. Gadget was starting to slide forward.
"Wowsers, this guy's strong! Go-Go Gadget Cleats!"
Up to this point, the Inspector's gadgets were performing admirably. This meant, of course, that a malfunction, by this time, was trending towards inevitable.
Which of course means that the roller skates activated instead.
"Yooooooww!" hollered Gadget as he hurtled through the distillery, towed by a very powerful and fast Cyborg Ninja.
The pair exited the building and rocketed down the street. As they approached the tracks, the lights began to flash. The tolling warning bell gave Cyborg Ninja a wonderful idea. He stood on the edge of the canal, with Gadget's arms trailing across the two sets of tracks to where Gadget stood, his skates firmly wedged against a rail.
"Better let go!" shouted the man in the metal suit.
The man in the gray suit realized his peril, and reluctantly retracted his arms. Unfortunately, the train clipped them as they were retreating, leaving Gadget spinning on his skates. Cyborg Ninja leaped across the canal just as another train heading the other direction appeared in front of him. Thinking quickly, he dove into his only remaining option of escape and swam for it. The train between Gadget and his suspect having passed, Gadget retracted his skates and ran to the water's edge.
"Come on out," the Inspector yelled. "You can't hold your breath forever!"
The Cyborg Ninja understood that point very well, and was very pleased to find a pipe protruding from the wall of the canal. He swam into and down it, ending up in a half-full catch basin of sorts beneath a grate outside the distillery. He gasped in air through the grate and began to plot his next move. Then he sensed things crawling up his legs. His metallic hand scooped one off his exterior effortlessly and dangled it in front of his ocular sensor.
"Leeches? Where the hell did they come from?"
There was no danger of them sucking his blood through his exoskeleton, but even the battle-hardened ninja was somewhat unnerved at the quantity of leeches attaching themselves to his form.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Sharp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I should reserve at this point, but I haven't got the time, nor the energy.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c'mon man, we're already starting to take our second turns here. Don't make excuses!
I think I'm startin' to get a feel for who I'm gonna vote out first already.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm avoiding Sharp's character for now, just because I have something planned for later. Hopefully he'll stay in that long.
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I know I should reserve at this point, but I haven't got the time, nor the energy.

In that case, reserv'd!

Also you are a loser and also maybe a faggot.
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushroom Pie wrote:
Sharp wrote:

In that case, reserv'd!

Also you are a loser and also maybe a faggot.

Not saying anything...

Anyway, it's about time we got this thing back underway. I'm starting to get stoked about this again.
Sharp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a five day weekend coming up. I'll get something in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: