SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open OM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seanie
kid with the will to funk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I've got a five day weekend coming up. I'll get something* in.

*nothing
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post, goddamn it!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, someone else please reserve, his expired three days ago.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Had every intention to. When I saw that you had posted, I thought I was too late... Close call.

RESERVED
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyborg Ninja casually picked the leeches off his suit. He had never seen a species that large before. They squirmed around on the exoskeleton, searching for a trace of tissue to latch onto. He chuckled quietly with the knowledge that the parasites would have to search long and hard for a gap in his armor. He dangled one in front of his electronic eye and watched as it writhed in tight, spiral patterns. With a grunt, he pinched the leech in half, spraying a dark fluid across his faceplate. As the Ninja pushed on the solid grating above him, he heard what he thought sounded like a scream.

The sword slid back into its sheath on Cyborg Ninja’s hip without making a sound. Sections of finely sliced steel grating lay at his feet collecting droplets of murky sewer water as the last of the vile liquid ran off the Ninja’s armor. What was he? The inspector, Inspector Gadget as he called himself, was unlike anything the Ninja had ever encountered. I’ve seen gatling gun-toting shamans and psychic exterminators, but that man lives up to the title of cyborg better than even I. Images of Gadget’s arms rushing past to grab him played over and over through his mind. I cannot be so confident around my combatants from now on. Looking over his shoulder, he realized that he was now standing behind the distillery warehouse. There were no windows on this side of the building and several trash cans were pushed up against the bricked wall. The Ninja’s ears were perked when a sound like someone rapidly knocking on a door could be heard in the distance. Switching on his camo, he rolled towards the wall and began to crawl across the ground, careful not to make his movements too sudden. Even while he was under the guise of stealth technology, he was not completely invisible and still had to make sure that he did not noticeably interfere with his surroundings.

“Come out with your hands up,” called a voice from above. It sounded as if it was being filtered through a megaphone. Cyborg Ninja peered around the corner of the building to see the inspector hovering fifty feet in the air. Propeller blades rotated rapidly above his head and his right arm was brought up to his mouth. The Ninja had perceived the tone of the inspector’s voice correctly. Gadget’s hand had indeed turned into a megaphone and he was broadcasting his message to the surrounding area. “I promise that if you come quietly, your punishment will be greatly lessened.”

The Ninja stared at the man for a moment. He had caught him off-guard back in the distillery. He had never lost someone who he had caught in a choke hold. When Gadget didn’t crumple after his neck had been twisted, the Ninja thought he was fighting monster. Looking at the inspector as he surveyed the ground below, he realized that he was just an eccentric oddball. However, he was still an obstacle and he would need to be neutralized in order for the Ninja to gain control.

“Show me your skills, inspector!” he called back. Gadget turned sharply in the direction of his voice.

“Reveal yourself!” The Ninja was making his way slowly back towards the tracks.

“I can’t make it that easy.” He kicked a pebble across the road that skipped over the tracks and bounced into the canal. The small ripples caught the inspector’s attention as he called for his next accessory.

“Go, go Gadget, NET!” A rectangular, wire net with spherical weights on its four corners shot out of a compartment on Gadget’s chest in the direction of the canal. The crude trap merely hit the water with a dull slap and sank slowly to the bottom.

“I hope that wasn’t your only one.” A cloud of dust was stirred up next the crossing sign.

“Go, go Gadget, BOXING GLOVE!” A dark, red punching glove shot out from under Gadget’s left sleeve, an aluminum coil providing the propulsion. A hollow ring sounded down the street as the glove made a direct hit with the pole that supported the crossing barrier. “You’re a cunning foe. Claw must have trained you personally.”

“You’re running out of time,” said the Ninja as a faint whistle could be heard in the distance. “When the train passes, you’ll have lost your chance.” Gadget retracted the megaphone back into his hand and, calling for it, produced a two meter-wide magnifying glass in its place. As the sound of the train’s powerful gears became louder, Gadget’s heart began to beat faster. The ground in front of the tracks became exponentially more detailed with the aid of the magnifying glass. The inspector was looking for any sign of the Ninja’s location; footprints, a rolling pebble, a cloud of dust, anything.

“Time’s up.”

The train rocketed along the tracks, appearing out of oblivion in front of the chain link fence. As the train passed in front of where Gadget was investigating, he briefly caught a glimpse of the Ninja, staring back at him between the cars. When the train passed, the Ninja had vanished again.

“His… face?” Gadget stammered.

Cyborg Ninja was now back where he had first arrived in this peculiar dimension. The other side of the tracks was identical to the former aside from the color scheme of the second building that loomed before him. Where the distillery was red brick, this new building was a faded gray with a sheet metal exterior. The Ninja made his way towards the front door, still careful not to attract the still watchful eye of the hovering inspector. The door was large and wooden and stood slightly ajar. As Cyborg Ninja crept forward to slip inside, he heard the revving of a chainsaw. Suddenly the doors flung open, knocking the Ninja on his back as another man in sunglasses and a business suit flipped backwards over him. Lines of electricity ran over the exoskeleton and the Ninja could feel his nerves tingle as the camouflage flickered and died. Malfunction. He quickly rolled backwards onto his feet and drew his blade. Another man in a tattered, blue dress shirt jogged out of the building in pursuit and halted when he saw the new, strangely garbed swordsman.

“Another agent?” the man in sunglasses queried.

“Groovy,” said the second man with a grin.

CN's stealth camo is disabled for the rest of the game. Gadget should have been able to see what happened across the street. Everyone's character aside from Sharp's will have seen eachother now. Let's get some momentum for this thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved.

For clarification, while not everyone has seen my character, my character has seen everyone.
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys... ITS found out CN's secret. Under the mask... he's really....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh. It's funny because it's true.
Sharp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to ask for a bit of additional time. I can't finish tonight, and I can't trust myself to wake up in 8 hours, but since there are only 5 people, I figure we can manage. I'll just write when I get up tomorrow, or failing that, post what I have and feel like an idiot when I get voted off.
Tacofiend
Still a Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind waiting, I guess...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got 60 hours to go before you can complain.
Sharp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small leech fell from the ceiling in a damp room in the oil refinery. That leech was followed by another leech. Soon leeches fell like rain in the small room, stacking upon one another like blocks, squeezing out any air between them, sticking together, becoming one large mass. The mass turned red, signifying the anger filling the leeches’ minds. The burning rage surged through them, allowing for only one thought to occupy their collective mind. They needed to kill the worm who dared murder one of their precious collective, for the good of the hive. The crimson mob became nearly as large as the room as more of the children came from
any available opening. The dark creatures came from the crack in the door, a grate in the ceiling, even making small holes in the wall, giving the illusion that the wall was cut, viscous blood pouring out, spreading out onto the floor and collecting in the center of the room. Soon the bulk had eclipsed the doorknob, and the leeches eagerly latched onto it and began to turn.

“Wait.” A voice of reason rang out to the leeches, stopping the collective dead in its tracks. It stuttered, unsure of what to do, the red running from its skin. Suddenly, the leeches began to pile onto the floor, the mound dispersing like a sandcastle, running off with the tide. The creatures were conflicted. Just outside the room they were in stood the very figure they wished to kill, but the group seemed to need to leave for the sewers, presumably to collect their lost. Soon, a realization began to flood the mind of the group. They were not safe in that room. The man who had attacked them was certainly worthy of death, but also dangerous, as they had not been able to drain his blood through his thick skin. No matter. They would be safe in the sewers, a suitable base of operations. There were other ways of dealing justice than draining blood.

As the children spread out, heading to the sewers, they viewed the condemned man through their brothers’ eyes. He stood by two others, clutching a sharp piece of metal. As for the others, they seemed a good deal more inviting than the thick skinned man. The first was average enough, except for a strange bunch of scrap wrapped around his hand. The children made a short note to get on that one’s good side. As for the other one, he seemed to be an equally normal person, except for… The children collectively shuddered. The man gripped in his left hand what they recognized as a gun. A single shot from it could kill one of their own instantly. It would need to be confiscated. The man would be judged later. Without any real break in movement, a large number of leeches broke off from the group and took on the shape of the only man not among the people outside the refinery.

The introduction of the thick skin to the group of two did little to reduce the violent tension. The man with the gun shot at the thick skin, but the bullets simply bounced off of his armor. Without hesitation, thick skin lunged at the junk-handed man, knocking him down. He drew his sword back, calculating the best angle for the slice, and suddenly did a back flip away from his prey. He’d caught a glimpse of the police man he’d dealt with before, and who was now the biggest threat.

“Aw, now who’s this joker?” Ash said, visibly annoyed.

“I didn’t think you’d be able to follow me this easily.” The voice came out clear from underneath the Ninja’s mask. Gadget said nothing, eyes fixed on him. The collective walked forward on two legs, something it hadn’t needed to do in a long while. The ninja stood fixed, 15 feet away from the man, ready for any of his tricks. At least, he thought he was. Without warning, the figure’s arm stretched out, but not how the ninja had expected. The entire arm stretched, each joint in the hand, each fiber in the coat, they all seemed to simply stretch out. Before he’d had time to react, the inspector did another thing the ninja hadn’t been expected. Instead of once again grabbing him, the arm simply kept stretching, hitting him square in the jaw, and launching him several feet backwards. Still, the ninja easily recovered, regaining his bearings halfway through the fall, and landing on his feet. No longer allowing himself to be surprised, the ninja lunged again, ready to make a few attacks of his own.

While the fighting continued, both Ash and Whitcomb watched, unsure of what their part should be. Neither of the combatants had attacked them yet, and they didn’t seem to be fighting each other. Ash was the first to break the silence.

“Five bucks on the one with the mask.”

“What, are you kidding?” Whitcomb responded. “He’s not even touching the guy in the trenchcoat.” It was true, though the ninja swung again and again, the leeches managed to move out of the way each time, making the whole figure seem impossibly flexible, fluidly moving any part of his body out of the way of the sword.

“Then it’s an official bet.” Ash grinned; glad he could at least still gamble here. Not long after he’d said that, the final blow of the fight was struck. The Ninja raised his sword. Just as he swung the sword forward, the faux-gadget collapsed to the ground, and kicked up, sending his opponent flying onto the top of the refinery. Once again, the ninja landed on his feet. Without a word to the man he’d just been fighting, he ran and jumped off the opposite end of the building, staying in midair just long enough for the actual gadget, who’d been searching for him, to see.

“I think,” Whitcomb said, “You owe me five dollars.” Before Ash could protest, the figure that had just been fighting began to walk towards them, and extended a hand, as though it wanted to shake.

Alright, I'll leave it up to Christo, or whoever posts next, whether Ash accepts the hand and/or the truce the leeches are offering. That hand is going to have a weird texture, though. Hope I didn't misplay any characters.

Oh, and if inspector gadget confronts the leeches, their reaction, unless you need something else, would probably be to collapse into a bunch of unidentifiable balls and roll in all different directions.
Christo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go ahead and reserve now, I guess. I'll think about it at work and post tonight.

You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp, Taco specified that Gadget was able to see the crowd outside the refinery, so he would see the battle between The Children and CN.

Not that that would ruin any part of your post.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Sharp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was able. For my purposes, he just happened to be looking somewhere else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: