SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open OM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash breached the lake's surface and gasped to fill his lungs. As he made a b-line for the shore, the moon on which he had been standing a few moments ago burst into a gigantic fireball, peppering the water around him with metal shards. Luckily for him, most of the chunks had whizzed by into the water around him and those that did make contact with him were small enough to be merely an annoyance, like hail. Ash stood as soon as he could find the lake was shallow enough to do so and trudged out, dripping wet and obviously not too pleased about it. His shoes sloshed on the muddy shore as he ringed out his shirt. His chainsaw and shotgun seemed to still be in working order, despite the plunge. “Now what?” he wondered. He examined his surroundings. Three moons remained in orbit, a train chugged in the distance and a comet was slowly advancing, threatening to eclipse the distant sun. Ash found none of this particularly interesting. Finally, his ears picked up the telltale bang of a gunshot, which probably meant Whitcomb was nearby. Cursing the mercy he offered Whitcomb back on the metal moon, he headed in the direction of the noise. Another gun shot caused him to quicken his pace and start up his chainsaw. Ash knew that it would make more sense to be running away from the gunshots considering he was number one on Whitcomb's hit list, but frankly, standing around and hiding was boring. Before he spotted Whitcomb on the horizon, a third gunshot resounded. With a loud ping and a few sparks, the bullet intended for Ash's head reflected off his chainsaw. The chain loop came undone and the saw's motor launched it directly toward Whitcomb. The barbed chain whipped past Whitcomb's head, missing it by no more than an inch or two.

The nearly lethal projectile had startled Whitcomb, interrupting his concentration and giving Ash time to quickly ditch his old chainsaw and replace it with his robot gauntlet. “You'll pay for that,” he shouted, “that was my favourite hand.” Ash reached behind his back and pulled out his trusted boomstick, wasting no time in letting loose a few shells. Whitcomb could easily dodge the blasts but Ash was gaining ground quickly and even with his training, Whitcomb knew that he wouldn't survive a point blank shot unscratched. Running and dodging, Whitcomb fired another shot and nailed Ash in his good hand, causing him to drop his shotgun. He screamed in pain and dropped to his knees. “Dammit!” Ash seethed, holding his injured hand under his other arm in an attempt to stop the bleeding, “save a guy's life and this is what you get?” “Sorry kiddo,”said Whitcomb, approaching the spot where Ash was kneeling, “nothing personal.” As Whitcomb took aim, he was suddenly jerked back by something wrapped around his neck. Snake calmly suppressed Whitcomb as he struggled to break free from the chain. “A take it this chain belongs to you” Snake nodded to Ash. “I hope you don't mind if I borrow it for a second.” “Not a problem,” Ash grinned.

Ash's smirk turned sour when he heard a voice from behind. “Ashley Williams, did you really think you could escape from us?” Ash spun around and saw exactly what he hoped he wouldn't. A deadite. Something about this one was familiar, though. Grey fedora, long coat, large nose. “Gadget?” Ash stuttered. “Yes!” the evil dead laughed “A clever ruse, wasn't it! Albeit a rather silly disguise. The Necromonicon will always follow you, Ashley, where you least expect it.” “Th-this doesn't make any sense!” Ash cried. “Wha- How-” The now-dead Inspector Gadget cackled as it squirmed and twitched, suspended in midair. “Now that your enemies have weakened you considerably, it's time for the chosen one to join the army of the dead!” it cackled. “I'll swallow your soul!” Rolling to the side, Ash narrowly dodged the new Gadget's vile, extending claws. As he made his retreat, he noticed Whitcomb and Snake still engaged in close combat, oblivious to the demon floating literally a few feet away. “Are you people blind?” he yelled, picking up his discarded shotgun with his gauntlet. Ash took aim and fired at the undead inspector. His aim was off but he still managed to drop his target to the ground. “It seems you've still some fight left in you.” the deadite gasped. “To ensure you don't rally the support of the others trapped in this universe we will bide our time disguised as the moron. But remember Ashley, you'll never escape us.” With that the dead Gadget vanished, leaving Ash throughly confused. He noted Whitcomb and Snake still hadn't noticed anything. Ash began to question if that had actually happened or if he had finally snapped. He was given little time to contemplate however. The planet's train passed the nearby stretch of train-track and Inspector Gadget sprang from it's caboose.

Gadget's not actually a deadite. Ash just has a case of the crazies. I also kind of want to draw undead gadget. It such a weird image.

You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please don't use fancy quotes, they make my browser unhappy.

Also, do we want to vote on who dies yet?
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Christo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:
please don't use fancy quotes, they make my browser unhappy.

Also, do we want to vote on who dies yet?

Same here. What's causing that? Also, if Taco's lost interest then I'm sure he won't mind us killing Snake off.

Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is you're probably writing the posts in Word or something, and it's doing fancy quotes.

Ok, well, to speed up the process since Taco doesn't really want to play anyway, I'll just condemn Snake now and give him the customary 60 hours to post.

And if he and Mushpie come forward in those 60 hours and say to not kill Snake, his life will be spared.

And when the 60 hours up, someone write the death, ok?

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Mushroom Pie
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say kill him.

KILL HIM!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have blood!
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sharp barbs on the chain dug into Whitcomb's palms as he struggled to hold it away from his neck. Salvation came in the form of yet another telescoping hand ramming into his face. Whitcomb, hit by Gadget traveling at the full speed of the train, had his face planted firmly in the ground and slid along. The chain tore its way out of Snake's hands and joined the pair as they carved a small trench in the planet's surface. Snake grasped his combat knife with a bloodied hand and followed the trench, hoping to immediately avenge his hands. Whitcomb and Gadget came to a stop, at which point the man with severely damaged sunglasses kicked the other man off. Gadget stumbled back and fell over. Wasting no time, Whitcomb jumped on him and raised the chain to strike. He failed to notice the man behind him preparing to stab him in the back, but through a stroke of pure luck, the chain whipped across Snake's neck, severing his jugular vein. Snake cried out, prompting Whitcomb to turn. Snake covered the wound with his hand, but the blood merely flowed around it. The unfortunate special agent collapsed in a heap. Whitcomb, forgetting Gadget for the moment, slowly stood up and dusted himself off.
"You got blood on my suit," he scoffed.

Suddenly, the entire planet shook. The moons and comets faded away. The ground itself started to fold up, like two cubes rotating against each other. The epicenter of this folding was Snake's corpse. Whitcomb and Ash ran up what was becoming rapidly a steep hill, but Gadget only had enough time to stand up before the ground met him on either side. Whitcomb was unable to escape completely, finding himself waist-deep in the ground. The scene that had folded into place was a forest, one square mile in area, surrounded on all sides by a chain link fence. Beyond the fence was a sprawling city, seemingly populated. There was already a small group gathered around the fence, peering in at Ash and Whitcomb. The forest itself was of a temperate climate, densely populated with mostly tall evergreen trees. Running through the center of the forest was a moderately wide creek, and in a small clearing alongside the creek was a small log cabin. Unbeknownst to anyone at the time, inside the cabin sat, among other furniture, Gadget's red sofa.
As for the city, it could've been anywhere. Skyscrapers stood as numerous as the trees, but no landmark buildings were in sight. Beyond the chain link fence to the south sat a set of train tracks, over which a train would pass every hour.
The trees were dense enough that though Ash and Whitcomb couldn't have been more than fifty yards from each other, they couldn't see each other at all. To this end, Ash began walking towards where he assumed Whitcomb had ended up, hoping to recover the chain. Halfway there, however, he was stopped dead in his tracks when a gloved hand sprang from the ground in front of him.
Fear gripped Ash's mind as he stared in horror at the grasping hand.

the hand is, of course, Gadget's. He's trying to dig himself out. Of course, to Ash this probably looks like... well yeah.
Also, like the first arena, the chain link fence marks an infinitely tall invisible force wall, so while the city's there to see, it's not there to explore. All contestants are stuck in the forest for this round.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a reminder: Christo, you can post again.
Mushpie, you can still post.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a fit of simultaneously thinking quickly and not thinking at all, Ash switched out his gauntlet for his chainsaw. He revved it up and lunged at Gadget's sprouting hand. Still chain-less, it made contact, but did no damage. Gadget took it as a gesture of help, and grasped the out-held saw. Ash's heart rate climbed as he reached for his shotgun with his free hand. Gadget's other hand shot from out of the ground and grabbed where he believed the person's other hand would be, in this case, snagging Ash's shotgun. The hand withdrew partially before dropping the shotgun and seizing onto Ash's right arm. The frightened man groped for the shotgun with his left hand, but dared not give Gadget any ground lest he be pulled underground. The inspector's arms were pulling with ever more increasing force, and it soon became too much for Ash to bear. He screamed, lunging away from Gadget with all his might. This freed the Inspector from the ground, allowing him to spring from the dirt and land on top of the toppled Ash. This only provoked him to scream again. He threw his perceived attacker off and revved up his chainsaw once more before remembering the lack of the chain and fleeing the scene.

"Thanks for helping-" began Gadget, before being cut off by Ash's second scream and subsequent flight. "Hey wait, come back!"
The inspector jumped to his feet, dusted himself off, and gave pursuit.

Whitcomb struggled to free himself from his earthly prison as well. A gasoline engine's ignition reported from elsewhere.
That's not gonna do much without this... thought Whitcomb, tightening his grip on the chain in his hand. He heard Ash scream.
Told ya. He smirked.
Ash screamed again and burst from the foliage. He spotted Whitcomb almost instantly and made a beeline straight for him.
"The chain! Give me it!" he demanded.
Whitcomb's arm only had the time to twitch before he thought better of it. He realized Ash could easily take advantage of the vulnerable position he was in. Gadget emerged from the foliage and caught sight of the pair.
"Now! Gimme!" hollered Ash.
Whitcomb glanced at Ash, then at the charging police inspector.
Mentally, he cursed.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Sharp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you did there, one post back.
Christo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Har!

Also, I've got work to do this week but maybe I'll post something while I'm bored in the library tomorrow???

Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad someone reads these things.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Christo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RESOIVED

Christo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash nursed his hand and watched from a safe distance as Gadget tackled Whitcomb and brought him to the ground. He admired Snake's resourcefulness and stealth as he used Gadget's attack as a distraction, allowing him to sneak around Whitcomb into position for a back stab. Ash would have preferred to take Whitcomb out himself but given his current state and the new threat of the undead, he was happy to allow Snake the pleasure. "Maybe this Snake guy ain't so bad after all," Ash said to himself. "I mean, at least there's one guy not out to get me." No sooner had the words come out of Ash's mouth then Whitcomb had whipped Snake's neck with the chain, slicing a large gash into it's side. Snake immediately crumpled onto the grass. "Damn," Ash cursed. "Jinxed it."

Suddenly the planet seemed to fold into itself, Snake's body lying on the crease. The valley the fold created quickly became steeper and narrower, leaving Ash no choice but to make a run for the tip of the slope. He managed to make it to the top just before the ground's jaws chomped shut and when it did, Ash felt the pain in his hand vanish. "Alright!" he cheered upon finding the bullet wound had disappeared without so much as a scar. "Ash Williams is back in the fight!" When he noticed that the universe had changed form once again he lost his renewed enthusiasm. Now tall evergreens surrounded Ash and sounds and smells of the forest lingered in the air. To anyone else the environment would be rather calming but for Ash it brought back some horrible memories. "Just like the night in the cabin," he shuddered. What Ash had hoped was a delusion was now one hundred percent confirmed. This entire inter-dimensional fiasco was the Necromonicon's way of toying with him. The forest was where it planned to go for the kill. Ash began to wander and talk to himself to work up some nerve. "Alright, get a grip Ash," he consoled. "You've dealt with deadites before. Hell, you've dealt with an army of 'em. What makes this one so tough?" Ash attempted to take another step forward but something had caught his foot. He turned in horror to find a brown-gloved hand protruding from the soil and clamped onto his ankle. He let out a yell and instinctively swapped his gauntlet for his chainsaw, making a sweep at the undead's wrist. Expecting a splatter of decaying flesh, all he got was a dull clank. It seemed his chainsaw had not healed in the same was as his hand had and was still missing a chain. "Crud." he muttered. The hand pulled on the blade, in what Ash perceived as an attempt to rip in from his arm. "Let go, you dead son-of-a-bitch!" he yelled. The position Ash had assumed to resist the arm's pull had unfortunately put his shotgun out of reach. With a final attempt to loosen the zombie's grasp, Ash leaned back with all his might. He felt something give and soon found himself on his back. His pulling however had the opposite of the desired effect. Instead of distancing himself from the hand, Ash had pulled a soil-covered Gadget from the earth and on top of him. His face inch's from Ash's, Gadget grinned and tipped his hat. "Thanks for helping-" His expression of gratitude was cut short when Ash quickly tossed him aside and made a mad dash deeper into the woods. "Hey wait!" he called after him.

Ash was running as fast as he could through the dense forest. The occasional branch whipped across his face but he was more concerned with Gadget, who was sure to be chasing him. Crashing through a bush, Ash found himself on the shore of a fairly small but turbulent creek. Without the trees overhead to obscure the sun it wasn't as dark as the forest had been. Ash franticly scanned the shoreline for a way across when his eyes happened upon a man in a suit (or at least half a man in half a suit.) "Whitcomb!" he called, sprinting to the man buried down the shore. "The chain! Give me it!" Whitcomb continued to dig his legs out from the soil. "Why?" he scoffed, "So you lob off my head while my legs are trapped in the ground like this?" Ash attempted to grab the chain from Whitcomb's clenched fist. "This is serious, you idiot!" Ash implored, "Gadget's more deadly than he lets on." This caught Whitcomb by surprise. "How do you know about the Fedoras?" he wondered. "What? No, he's a -" Ash was cut off by the sound of Gadget knocking around in the bush. "He's coming this way. Here," said Whitcomb, handing the chain to Ash. After reapplying the chain to his saw, Ash pulled the ripcord and took hold of Whitcomb's arm to pull him from the soil.

"There you are!" proclaimed Gadget upon spotting Ash. "You never gave me a chance to thank you!" The inspector's opinion of Ash turned when he noticed that he was helping Whitcomb to his feet. "So, Mr. Williams, your true colours are revealed" he accused, "in cahoots with a wanted M.A.D. agent! I must admit I thought better of you." "Drop the act, Gadget!" barked Whicomb, "We both know what you really are!" This puzzled Gadget for a moment but he soon caught on to what he believed to be Whitcomb's trick. "Trying to confuse me won't do any good, criminal. I'm much too smart for your mind games" Gadget professed, "Now, I'm placing you both under arrest. Go go Gadget Net!" With that, a weighted snare fired from a compartment in Gadget's chest and wrapped around the perpetrators. With a slash of his saw however, Ash was able to render it to shreds. "What else you got?" mocked Ash, pulling his shot gun out from behind his back. Whitcomb pulled out his handgun as well. "Wowzers!" exclaimed Gadget. "Uh, go go Gadget Shield!" Of course, Gadget had no such tool available to him. Instead, his fingers began to fire randomly. His index finger emitted soap bubbles, his Super Secret Gadget Phone extended from his thumb and (luckily for him) his ring finger produced a strong blast of Super Gadget Glue. The glob of sticky adhesive flew straight toward Ash and Whitcomb and solidified upon coming in contact with their firearms. "Son of a-" cursed Whitcomb, pulling the trigger to no avail. "It's gummed up the firing mechanism!" Without the use of his boomstick Ash suddenly didn't fell as cocky. "I say we run," he advised. "Seconded," Whitcomb concurred. Without missing a beat, Ash and Whitcomb fled to the forest once more. "Freeze!" Gadget commanded, "Get back here! Go Go Gadget Copter!" A rotor sprung from Gadget's hat and roared to life, lifting him above the treetops and clipping a few branches on the way.

Last edited by Christo on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Mushroom Pie
Go, go, go Speed Racer!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably reserve tomorrow afternoon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: