SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open OM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. This is an avatar I made:

You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa, that's awesome.
Baby, let me be your egg that needs to get laid.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Christo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushroom Pie wrote:
I'll probably reserve tomorrow afternoon.

WELL?!

Sharp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its_The_Sneak!!! wrote:
glad someone skims these things.

Fix'd.
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspector Gadget flew progressively higher above the trees as Ash and Whitcomb huddled under dense cover. Gadget's binoculars slid into place over his eyes, but he still could not locate his quarry. He did, however, catch sight of the chain link fence. Flying over to it, he examined its structure. He then followed the extent of its perimeter with his eyes.
Then he smiled.
The antenna sprang from his thumb. He pulled it skyward with his other hand and held it to his ear. Chief Quimby's voice failed to appear on the other end of the connection, so Gadget elected to leave a voice message.
"Chief," he said matter-of-factly. "I've captured the two M.A.D. agents. They're stuck inside a fenced in park in the center of town. I'll keep an eye on them until you send a car to pick them up. Okay, Gadget out!"
The crowd gathering below him caught his attention. He flew lower to address them.
"Have no fear. The two criminals trapped within this fence have no means of esca-"
At that, he collided with the invisible wall. His copter blades collapsed into each other, which automatically made them withdraw. Gadget fell the twelve foot drop and crashed unceremoniously into the ground.
"Sounds like he crashed," smiled Ash.
"It's a trap," murmured Whitcomb.
"You might be right. I'll take a look."
Ash grabbed the lowest branch on the nearest tree and began to clamber up it.
"Daniel Whitcomb," spoke the watch. Whitcomb brought it to his face.
"You did not kill Ash yet. We're very disappointed. Now's your last chance. We're watching you."
Whitcomb felt a gaze pierce the side of his face. He turned to look. Through the trees and beyond the fence stood a lone man in shadow. The man's eyes were glaring directly at Whitcomb.
"Kill," the watch commanded.
It repeated the command a few more times, each with increasing urgency. The watch suddenly went silent as Ash's feet re-established contact with the forest floor.
"I can't see him," he reported.
Whitcomb silently stared back.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Christo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someday I will post in this thread again.

Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still waitin'

hey, wanna kill off Whitcomb since Mushpie can't be bothered to check the forums anymore?

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitcomb activated the laser cutter on his watch and began to gouge the glue gumming up his gun.
"I've been thinking." he mused. "This universe. If we think it, it's true, right?"
Ash shrugged.
"So what about our philosophies? Do we have an afterlife?"
Ash could only reply, "What?"
"You!" yelled Whitcomb, pointing his now-clean pistol at Inspector Gadget. The Inspector stopped in his tracks.
"Do you believe in God?" asked the man in the apparently self-repairing sunglasses.
The question caught Gadget completely off-guard. "I... yes?"
"Do you believe in heaven and hell?"
"Uh... yes?"
"Will you go to heaven?"
"I consider myself a good person."
"But do deeds get you in?" sneered Whitcomb. "Or is it faith? Or luck? And are you even a good person in the eyes of the Lord?"
"Uh... uh..." Gadget fumbled.
"I for one hope you burn in hell, Inspector."
At that, Whitcomb fired one shot straight into the Inspector's heart. Gadget clutched the wound, his eyes as wide as they had ever been. He knew he had some mechanism in place to protect his internal organs from such trauma, but he didn't know how or if it worked, so it didn't. Ash nor Whitcomb expected him to survive, so he didn't. Inspector Gadget collapsed wordlessly to the ground.
An empty magazine hit the ground as well.
"Hey now!" yelled Ash as he revved his chainsaw to life.
Whitcomb darted behind the nearest tree, realizing it wouldn't keep him safe for long. Not that he needed much time. His watch ejected another clip, which he loaded.
"How about you, Mr. Williams?" asked Whitcomb. "Will you have an afterlife?"
"I don't..." began Ash. Then he laughed, "No, I won't! In fact, why don't you come out and kill me right now, huh? If I can't cut you apart as a human, I'll rip you apart as a deadite!"
Ash held his chainsaw arm in front of him menacingly as he advanced on Whitcomb's tree. Whitcomb darted out and aimed for the kill. He saw motion behind his prey and shot at that instead. Ash twirled around. A groaning Inspector Gadget staggered back to his feet.
"Deadite!" yelled Ash.
Whitcomb turned and ran.
"No!" he cursed the air. "That's not supposed to happen!"
Ash darted back, but Zombie Gadget lunged at him. He waved his chainsaw back and forth, attempting to convince Zombie Gadget to think twice. Incapable of thought, the cyborg zombie advanced on its prey.
"Cut 'em up! Cut 'em up!" Whitcomb heard Ash yell through the forest. He then heard the clang of a chainsaw failing to cut metal. Then he heard the most bloodcurdling scream of his life.
"Damn, now he'll be a zombie soon," sighed Whitcomb, looking over his shoulder.
His foot missed the ground and found a hole. Daniel Whitcomb tumbled into the very hole he had been pulled from when this world built itself. It was only deep enough to accommodate his leading leg and his bent trailing leg. His stomach slammed into the far dirt wall, causing his gun to go skittering across the ground and come to rest against a tree. Whitcomb struggled to free himself, but soon felt a hand grab his ankle. Zombie Snake pulled on Whitcomb with all its might. Whitcomb held out his watch arm and grappled his weapon, reeling it back in. He emptied the clip into the undead Snake with no discernible effect. Zombie leeches burrowed out of the dirt surrounding Whitcomb and made their way towards him. Zombie Gadget and Zombie Ash emerged from the forest. Whitcomb looked desperately for the chain-link fence in the distance to see if anyone beyond it could help, but they had faded from existence. As Whitcomb's mind screamed in terror about the zombies, everything else began to fade away. Zombie Ash extended his still-running chainsaw and slowly carved into Whitcomb's neck.
The universe was dismayed. All Whitcomb had to do was think himself away from the danger, but the danger had distracted him. Now the only intelligence left in the universe was the consciousness given to the universe itself by its former inhabitants. The universe thought very hard about itself in an attempt to survive. However, since the consciousness was, in fact, imaginary, it could not sustain itself. All form in the universe boiled away, and once again the universe was formless. All matter within was to forever lay dormant, awaiting another batch of intelligence to control it.

Inspector Gadget found himself on his couch in his house. Brain ran from the kitchen and was surprised to find the Inspector and the couch back in place. He barked to catch Gadget's attention, then gestured towards the room he had just left. Inspector Gadget wandered into the kitchen and caught the M.A.D. Agent still on the phone.
"Go-Go Gadget Net!"
The criminal now ensnared, the Inspector called the Chief from his hand.
"Chief, please come right away. M.A.D. attempted to invade my home, and I caught the agent!"
A few hours later, the M.A.D. bulldozer was towed away to the impound lot. Gadget was freed from his furniture prison when Chief Quimby forced the door open, shoving the sofa aside. Gadget presented him with his catch.
"Hey, take me in! I'll tell you anything you wanna know!" yelled the jilted agent in an attempt to lessen his sentence.
"Good work, Gadget!" congratulated Quimby.
Dr. Claw's voice emanated from the phone on the kitchen wall. "I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next time!"
Mad Cat yowled.

Game over. Did Gadget win? I dunno. Did he get home? Is that "heaven"? Is that "hell"? I dunno.

Feel free to write your own epilogues if you want. Also, if you think this oh-so-active forum can handle it, feel free to start an Open OM 2. Will I play? Yeah sure why not.

Oh, and Mushpie, sorry if you feel the characterization was off, but this is what I came up with and Whitcomb was the smartest character there, so...

aw what the heck, it's not like he'll ever read this.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Christo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this finally come to a conclusion, and a damn good one at that. To be honest I was considering opening a more dice-roll oriented roleplay but I agree that the forum's activity wont be able to sustain it. It's a shame, really :(

Anyway, thanks for the epilouge. We had a good run.

Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open 4 OM

2 weeks after the game began...

Inspector Gadget, Ash Williams, Daniel Whitcomb and a man known only as Snake shouldered their weapons and surveyed the aftermath of the alleyway they were walking through. Leech carcasses lay scattered everywhere.
"Hold up," announced Snake, spying an odd corpse.
The leech was covered in a green ooze none of the fighters had seen before. Snake scooped up a glob and inspected it, rolling it between his fingers.
"Ain't seen anything like this before," he observed.
"Jesus," quipped Ash. "Don't let that stop you from smearing it all over yourself."
Snake shot Ash a stern look, but didn't dignify the remark. Instead he stood up and wiped his hand on Ash's shirt.
"They're changing," he declared.
Ash recoiled in disgust, trying to wipe the mess from his clothes.
"God damn it, Snake!" he yelled. "Ugh, it stinks!"
Gadget laughed to himself. Suddenly, four pairs of ears perked up to hear a woman's crying emanating from behind a closed door.
"Someone else is here?" Whitcomb wondered aloud.
With weapons drawn, Snake and Whitcomb approached the door. Snake nudged it open and Whitcomb shined the flashlight mounted on his pistol through the door. The light illuminated a sliver of tiled floor as the pair slowly crossed it.
"Hello," called Whitcomb, uneasily. "Hello?"
The crying continued from the far corner of the room. Whitcomb inched closer until his flashlight fell on the feet of what appeared to be a teenage girl in tattered clothing.
"Hey, it's ok," cooed Whitcomb reassuredly. "We're gonna-"
He stopped his mouth as a bolt of lightning briefly illuminated the room, informing the two that the crying creature was not human.
"Lights off!" gasped Snake, reaching for Whitcomb's pistol.
The two fighters carefully and quietly inched their way back in the dark towards the door.

Outside, Gadget kept watch, shining his flashlight into various dark corners. He heard a growl down the alley and turned. The light illuminated a charging horde of leechball creatures.
"Wowzer," muttered Gadget.
Ash turned and began to open fire on the horde.
"Holy moly! Wowser!" shouted Gadget as he ran to warn the others. "They're coming!"
He shined his flashlight in the doorway, right into the face of the crying creature. It turned to face the light with angry eyes, and the cry became a furious scream.
"Run like hell!" yelled Whitcomb.
Whitcomb and Snake fired a few shots, then dove out the doorway, slamming it behind them. Gadget propped himself against the metal door just in time to be assaulted by a large dent. The door pounded again, warping even further. Another assault and a leech-covered arm bashed through the door. Gadget and the creature both screamed, and the Inspector quickly engaged his toothpaste dispenser, trying to drive the leeches off. Ash, Snake and Whitcomb fired their respective weapons into the nearest leech creatures, sending gobs of dead leeches falling to the ground.
"Why are you still here?" shouted Gadget at the toothpaste-covered arm still protruding from the door.
"Stick together!" yelled Ash.
An enterprising leech creature descended from the fire escape above the four and lassoed Snake with a long leech-covered tongue. Snake gave a yelp as he was dragged backwards.
"Hang on!" yelled Ash, turning to deal with the new threat.
One shot from the boomstick and the leech creature was no longer a threat. Snake collapsed in a heap.
"Guys?" yelped Whitcomb, turning to indicate that the horde was beginning to overwhelm them.
Ash helped Snake up from the ground with one arm while shooting two leech creatures with the other.
"Merry Christmas," grinned Ash.
Snake rolled his eyes and dusted himself off. Whitcomb fired two more shots and then raised his watch arm.
"Fire in the hole!" he yelled, squeezing his wrist.
The watch fired a small flashing, beeping disc in a graceful arc. It came to rest on the ground several yards away. The leech creatures surrounded it. The device exploded, sending a cloud of dead leeches flying in every direction.

Gadget looked up to hear the sound of a helicopter.
"Hey!" he shouted, running after its spotlight. "Over here! We're not leeches! Down here!"
His pursuit was futile and left him standing in the middle of a street littered with abandoned cars. The streetlight above him turned red.
"Shucks."
As Gadget turned to return to the group, a leech creature pounced on him from the rooftops above, slamming him into the ground. He struggled in vain. Whitcomb burst out of the alley, kicked the creature off and began emptying a clip into it. Gadget staggered to his feet and fired a volley of glue. The leeches bound together and collapsed in a heap on the hood of a car, setting off the car's alarm. The sound echoed in the surrounding city blocks.
"Now this is gonna get bad," sighed Snake, emerging from the alley.

Shadows of the oncoming terror covered every illuminated building. The four fighters moved quickly away from the sounding car, but found their way blocked by a chain link fence. The leechball creatures were upon them. They poured from every alleyway and street. Ones on the far side of the fence began to scale it. Ash gritted his teeth and prepared for the battle of his life. All of a sudden, a loud roar sounded from behind the advancing horde. A car was hurled through the air, crashing down on top of some of the advancing leech creatures. It rolled through the fence and came to a stop. The fighters all looked to see what had launched it. A massive ball of leeches loomed out of the darkness, throwing and crushing any other leech creatures in its path.
"Run or shoot," mused Gadget, backing away from the new enemy. "Run or shoot?"
"Both!" yelled Snake.
Weapons blazing, the four charged into the alley opposite the one they came from. Leech creatures fell in front of them, scattering leeches all over the ground.

"Get to the roof!" cried Gadget, pointing at the nearby fire escape.
Ash turned to defend the climbers as Whitcomb took to the ladder.
"Go Go Gadget!" called the Inspector, bypassed the ladder with his Gadget Legs and Arms.
"Come on," yelled Ash, goading the giant leechball about to rampage around the corner. "Come on!"
Thrashing the lesser leech creatures out of its way, the giant leechball charged Ash. It hurled its giant arm at him. Ash threw himself on the ground to duck under it. Another arm followed, intending to mash him into the ground. Snake saw this and let loose a volley of bullets into the creature's head area. The leechball responded by diverting its arm to knock Snake through the wall. Snake dodged. Ash leaped to his feet and took to the ladder. The leechball hurled a chunk of the wall at the fire escape. It bounced off, warping the structure, but the metal held firm.
"Heads up!" shouted Gadget to Ash as the stone ricocheted near him.
Snake ran backwards towards the ladder while firing at the beast. He turned and was face to face with another leech creature. Its head instantly imploded. Snake looked up.
"Go!" yelled Whitcomb, waving his pistol from the top of the fire escape. "I'll hold them off!"
Snake ascended the ladder and had just gained his footing on the stairs when the giant leechball hurled itself at the ladder. The metal instantly began to give way. Snake charged up the stairs as the monster reached a massive arm for him. Gadget pulled Snake up onto the roof just as the fire escape's stairs gave way. Whitcomb fired at the creature, drawing its attention. It made a grab for the last stable piece of metal. Whitcomb happened to be standing on this. The structure warped downward, almost sending Whitcomb over the edge. He turned and leaped for the roof just as the metal structure ripped free from the building.
"Ash!" he cried out, extending his hand.
Ash siezed Whitcomb's arm and, with Gadget's help, hauled him onto the rooftop. The silence below told them the giant creature was no longer a threat.

"We made it," gasped Gadget, catching his breath. "I can't believe we made it!"
"Son, we just crossed the street," replied Snake, lighting up one of Whitcomb's cigarettes he had pilfered earlier. "Let's not throw a party 'till we're out of the city."
The four slowly fanned out across the roof to size up their situation as the leech creatures milled about on the streets below.

Yeah so that's how the first round would've gone like if we were any cool.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
Christo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have switched Whitcomb and Gadget but whatever.

Its_The_Sneak!!!
Blocked by SOPA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christo wrote:
I would have switched Whitcomb and Gadget but whatever.
there really was no good choice for Gadget, but I picked Louis because there's two times he acts without thinking.
Also, Gadget couldn't be Zoey, or else he wouldn't have needed Francis to pull him up.

- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
"The Chicken of Lust"
RockmanWilliam
Its_The_Sneak!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are gay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: