SnV Forums Forum Index SnV Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How old were you when you first joined .net or .rules?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whooooomsar?
Gives up! Retires!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to say 13 or 14.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts wrote:
Oh boy. If someone could remind me when .NET started up then I could give you my age back then. It was a long time ago.

I have to confess - reading this thread reminds me of how proud I was, and still am, of the kind of board that we ran back then. Many of us on the staff were older than the average user and knew that it was our responsibility to provide a safe internet destination for kids who were, in the end, all discussing a silly online cartoon. We were pretty strict about content and language and went after abusive users pretty hard, and I remember how upset that got some people with us. But reading the ages here reaffirms that we were doing the right thing at the time.

Anyway, sorry for that bit of nostalgia.

Also, subsilver still rocks.

You'll probably not get this message, but thanks bro. Y'all really did a good job.

It's coming up on ten years in late January, right? That's when the Homestar-only sections were there, though. The "social" area of dot net started up some time later in February or March. I remember reading zealousdemon among others in a thread arguing whether or not the Iraq War should happen.

lol
Matts
733t3d'D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikes! wrote:
You'll probably not get this message, but thanks bro. Y'all really did a good job.

It's coming up on ten years in late January, right? That's when the Homestar-only sections were there, though. The "social" area of dot net started up some time later in February or March. I remember reading zealousdemon among others in a thread arguing whether or not the Iraq War should happen.

lol

It's nearly four years on, but I got it. I really appreciate it.

Every once in a while I think of socks and vinegar... even though I have nothing to do with this website. It's nice to check in here, even if lots of time has passed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SnV Forums Forum Index -> The Stick All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: